First for the Rants:
1. Except for the public rooms the hotel was tired. My guest room definitely needed an update. It was situated at the far end of the property and a good walk from the lobby. Additional the different wings of the hotel don’t match up floor to floor. I was on the 3rd floor which was a half flight different from the main building.. Only the second floor seem to connect the different wings, so until I learned this I felt as though I was stuck in a maze. Signage was also poor.
2. Not enough parking spaces for the size of the hotel. I was never able to park near my room and on a few occasions only could find a spot on the street at the front of the hotel.
3. I felt that the hotel was overpriced. I paid $260 for Friday and Saturday nights and $240 for Thursday and Sunday nights.
4. Even though the staff was pleasant, they seemed inexperienced
5. Bath towels were extremely thin
6. No turn down service or freshening of the room in the evening
7. No in room safe.
Now for the Raves
1. The resort was close to Road America
2. I ate at Lola’s Sunday night and was impressed by the quality and the presentation of the food.
3. The breakfast in Otto’s was also quite good.
4. The mattress in my room was extremely comfortable
5. My room was clean
6. The shower was a good size with plenty of hot water.
7. My room had a small refrigerator.
Would I stay at the Osthoff again? I not sure, but there isn’t much to choose from.