First for the Rants:
1. Except for the public rooms the hotel was tired. My guest room definitely needed an update. It was situated at the far end of the property and a good walk from the lobby. Additional the different wings of the hotel don’t match up floor to floor. I was on the 3rd floor which was a half flight different from the main building.. Only the second floor seem to connect the different wings, so until I learned this I felt as though I was stuck in a maze. Signage was also poor.
2. Not enough parking spaces for the size of the hotel. I was never able to park near my room and on a few occasions only could find a spot on the street at the front of the hotel.
3. I felt that the hotel was overpriced. I paid $260 for Friday and Saturday nights and $240 for Thursday and Sunday nights.
4. Even though the staff was pleasant, they seemed inexperienced
5. Bath towels were extremely thin
6. No turn down service or freshening of the room in the evening
7. No in room safe.
Now for the Raves
1. The resort was close to Road America
2. I ate at Lola’s Sunday night and was impressed by the quality and the presentation of the food.
3. The breakfast in Otto’s was also quite good.
4. The mattress in my room was extremely comfortable
5. My room was clean
6. The shower was a good size with plenty of hot water.
7. My room had a small refrigerator.
Would I stay at the Osthoff again? I not sure, but there isn’t much to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Osthoff Resort, in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort located on 500 ft of recreational lakefront. Offering a casual atmosphere within its elegant surroundings, The Osthoff Resort provides a romantic getaway for couples, while year-round indoor and outdoor activities, provide a family with many opportunities to enjoy spending time together. Our conference center offers spacious and well-appointed ballrooms and meeting rooms to assist in the productivity of retreats and conferences for our group guests. A host of seasonal getaway packages are available providing guests varying options for a holiday vacation. Whether spring, summer, fall or winter – The Osthoff Resort is your place in the lake.™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Osthoff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Osthoff Resort Elkhart Lake
- Osthoff Hotel Elkhart Lake