“Awfully pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Awfully pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited the Roadhouse shortly after they reopened following the remodeling following their fire. It seemed pleasant and comfortable enough inside. In this touristy area, we realize we are going to pay the "tourist" price at restaurants, but I was rather offended by the out-of-line prices for the rather basic fare we ordered. I doubt we'll return.

Visited June 2013

Thiensville, Wisconsin, United States
“An old stop with a new fresh look”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Roadhouse had a fire a few years back and it is now a new bar/restaurant that is very clean and neat. Just drinnks and some appetizers were sampled.

Visited February 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Appetizers and Beverages”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a nice place to stop for appetizers, beverages or a sandwich. Prices are a little high but it is Door County. It is also in a little out of the way location but we still recommend.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great little place - if you've got time to spare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were camping down the street and looking for a late night dinner. We stumbled on this little place. We like broasted chicken so we thought we'd try that. It was excellent!! We also ordered a cheeseburger and a steak sandwich. They were all excellent. If we hadn't ordered the broasted chicken, dinner would probably have come faster, but it was worth the wait :-)

Visited July 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped by the Roadhouse during Carlsville Days this past Saturday. I expected the restaurant to be packed, but it really wasn't. They were busy, but I assumed they would be prepared, seeing as there was a festival going on in town and they had live music on their lawn. Well, it took about 15 minutes for a waitress to stop by, take our drink orders and drop off menus. After another 15 minutes our drinks showed up and the waitress took our order. We only ordered two burgers and an order of fries. It took about 30 minutes for the food to arrive, then they had forgotten the fries. I asked the waitress about the fries, she went back to the kitchen and returned with nothing, saying they sold my fries to someone else. By the time I received my fries I had already finished my burger. There was no offer to give me the fries or a free drink or anything else. I cannot rate this restaurant very high at all. The service was poor. The burgers were nothing special - overcooked - dry - and not much flavor. The fries were of the frozen variety and not very good. All this and I think their prices were rather high for this type of food. $10.60 for a burger and fries. We visit Door County 2 - 3 times a year. We won't be going back to the Roadhouse. The Blues Band playing on the lawn was quite good.

• Visited July 2013