“Almost perfect...... :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landing Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
The Landing Resort
7741 State Highway 42, Egg Harbor, WI 54209   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Egg Harbor
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
“Almost perfect...... :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Door County and we finally found a place that didn't require the selling of a kidney to pay for it. Had stayed here once before about 11 years ago, and completely forgot how nice it was. Right on the main highway in Egg Harbor, perfect location to pretty much everything in D.C. Staff was wonderful, always pleasant and friendly, served wonderful D.C. coffee every morning in the lobby. Nice warm indoor pool, hot tub, even the outdoor pool was nice the one day it got hot. Now for the complaints......The room was okay but could use some updating. Oven was from 1974 and the microwave about 10 years later. Bed was really firm, had trouble sleeping. Bedroom was small but we made it work. A/C was severely underpowered, even at 65 on high it barely kept the room cool. Bathroom and shower was very nice, and we had a 1st floor room so we could walk out and use the community grill. Overall though I would definitely stay here again! :)

Room Tip: Depending on how many people are travelling, request a room that is attached to the main building wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our 4th time staying at The Landing and we just love this place more and more.
We like the location in Egg Harbor. It's an easy walk to the marina and downtown for shopping and restaurants.
The rooms are always clean and have everything you need for your stay. Although we do bring our own bath supplies, as they only have a dispenser of soap in the shower, but that doesn't bother us.
One room we did not care for is the loft rooms if it is realy hot out, as the cool are does not get up there.
On our last visist I needed some papers faxed back and forth from my realtor, and Traci at the front desk was great. She was so friendly and helpfull with our whole stay there.
We used the outdoor pool alot and when the rain came, we just walked right in to the indoor pool that is just steps away. They also have a nice hot tub inside.
There are plenty of picnic tables and outdoor gas grills to use.
Can't wait to get back up to the Door and stay here again.

Room Tip: Loft rooms can get quite warm upstairs on hot days.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family with small children stayed for 3 nights. our room was clean spacious and comfortable. we felt like we were in the middle of the woods. actually we only had a very short walk to many places. a market, 5 restaurants, the marina and shopping for many items. really enjoyed this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at The Landing Resort for our first ever trip to Door County. The location of The Landings was just perfect for our family. You could walk to Egg Harbor beach, the marina (great for sunsets), shops in Egg Harbor as well as to the eateries in Egg Harbor. That is a huge plus for us. It is an older resort, and some things have not been updated. But, it is clean so that didn't bother me too much. I was surprised there were no bath amenities other than some liquid soap and a dispenser of hair and body soap (that stuff never seems right to me). So, I had to pay for overpriced shampoo and conditioner for my family as well as regular soap. I would have brought those items had I known which is why I am putting this in my review. The staff was very friendly while I was there. After reading a few reviews before going I was a bit worried about where our room would face so e-mailed the staff to let them know I'd like a wooded view if possible and on the first floor. The response to that e-mail was that it would be a wooded view and since I chose a loft on the second floor. I then looked online and it didn't say anything about a second floor, but that wasn't a huge concern. However, when we got to our room we found out the "wooded" view was a view of trees and the parking lot. The other side of the hall had an actual wooded view. So, that was a touch misleading. Seeing as it is an older building there was some musty odor in our room which may not be true in all of the rooms. Not terribly bothersome as you only notice it when you walk it, but it did aggravate my allergies and gave me a headache. Would I stay here again, probably yes. I really liked the location and room size was good although I think next time I will get a room with another bathroom and where the second bed is not in the powder room area. I liked the location, price, friendliness and choices of rooms. The issue I mention above are really small things that now that I know better I'll be prepared with allergy meds, shampoo and a different room.

Room Tip: 1 bath might not be enough for a family of 4, best to upgrade to 1 1/2 bath or 2 bath unit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed our summer stay at Door county particularly Egg Harbor. The Landing resort was just walking distance to the Marina as well as the beach. I chose this place as opposed to the other resorts on the beach mainly because of the reviews. We had a one bedroom loft and a balcony and was satisfied with the room quality for the price. The only inconvenience was that the upstairs bedroom didnt have its own AC unit which made it a little warmer compared to the rest of the unit. Had to turn the AC full blast downstairs and keep the ceiling fan and second fan blowing to feel cool. Might not be an issue during spring and fall weather but during hot summer months I can forsee it being an issue. Other than that, the staff was great and they do have a decent indoor and outdoor pool which the kids loved.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Our first trip to Door County and this hotel. It was clean and comfortable. It had nice outdoor grills and playground equipment. Indoor and outdoor pool area nicely kept. Kitchens well equipped. Only complaints would be that it is older and if you wanted wi-fi you had to be in the lobby or pool area.

• Stayed August 2013
rschartner, General Manager at The Landing Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Landing Resort! We apologize for the problems with our WIFI and any inconvenience this may have caused. We were having some troubles during the time frame of your visit. We have consulted with a technician and the problem is fixed and everyone can again get WIFI throughout the property. Thank You!!
Barrington, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great location, walking distance to everything - make sure you get your food across the street at the Main Street Market and bring it back to cook on The Landing's many available Weber grills. Great pools, great staff, very wooded and private.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Landing Resort? Share your experiences!