“Wonderful experience. Would definitely stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landing Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
The Landing Resort
You added The Landing Resort to your Saves list
7741 State Highway 42, Egg Harbor, WI 54209   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Egg Harbor
Grayslake, Illinois
“Wonderful experience. Would definitely stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were very happy with our decision to stay at The Landing. The location was perfect -- walking distance to the beach, harbor, restaurants and shops. The lobby was very welcoming and homey -- 4 flavored coffees available throughout the day as well as an assortment of hot teas. The staff was super friendly. Our condo was very clean and well stocked with everything we would need in the kitchen. Indoor pool, whirlpool and outdoor pools were nice. We couldn't believe how quiet the hotel was and we stayed over the very busy July 4th weekend. There were lots of families but we didn't hear a peep at night. There were many gas grills outside and picnic tables. It's a smaller resort -- only about 60 units. We can't wait to come back and stay here again! We've already recommended it to family who will be visiting Door County in the Fall. Egg Harbor is a cute town and in a great location to easily visit the many other interesting spots in Door County.

Room Tip: Most rooms are in the main building which is connected to the indoor pool -- that would be key in co...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

The Landing has a wonderful location. It is within walking distance to Egg Harbor shops, grocery store, and several restaurants. The condo itself was clean and contained all the amenities of a small apartment, including a full kitchen with all the supplies you'd have at home. Depending on the time of year, the resort does require guests to have a two-night minimum on the weekends. I only needed the place for Saturday night. The receptionist was really accommodating. She could not change the policy; however, she did spend the time to research how we could use the room upon another guest's Thursday-Friday stay. I appreciated her time; it probably could have been easier to just tell me "no." We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed May 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My family and I regulars here--the Landing has always been excellent to us. Every accommodation has far exceeded our expectations, every time. Door County is a beautiful, relaxing place that is honestly fun for all ages. There are plenty of nice stores to shop at, adventurous areas to play, and splendid places to eat! The Landing itself is a lot larger than it looks, in a scenic surrounding, and is equipped with a fabulous staff. There's fresh assortments of Door County coffee each morning, and in the cold months there is hot apple cider as well. There are flat screens in most of the rooms, and on one side of the lobby there is a charming fire place, where on the other side is a liberal sized flat screen (great when the Packers play!) I seriously can go on and on--the rooms come in various sizes for all who chooses to visit, great pools and a hot tub, lots of board games in the lobby loft, and always a festive atmosphere. The Landing to me is essentially a second home--I am quite positive my family would agree.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

My wife and I have friends that have vacation homes in Egg Harbor so we go to Egg Harbor at least once yearly. The villages of Door County have many choices available to accommodate visitors. Through the years we have stayed at many of them but have now made the Landing Resort our place when in Door County. The suites are very much like condos with kitchen facilities and extremely attractive. There are various sizes and configurations available. The staff is very nice and try to make your stay special. Excellent place to stay in a great location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed a week in one of the Loft Rooms in mid October 2010. Vicki at the front desk was very pleasant to deal with and gave excellent local information on dining choices and local activities. The housekeeping staff keeps the facility spotless. We had never been to this area before, so I took great care before booking. We have been VERY HAPPY with our getaway week at The Landing Resort. The beautiful Village of Egg Harbor was also a treat. We also enjoyed Fish Creek, Ellison Bay, Sister Bay and Bailey Harbor. Scenery in this area is wonderful - took well over 400 photos. We also took the Ghost Tour by Trolley just South of Fish Creek. As an avid photographer for 35 years, I now have 3 photos of things I cannot explain. You can check it out for yourself.....
We also puchased the one day State Park Visitor Pass and went to all the local parks, ferry boats and orchards. We will be back to this area. Thanks for opportunity to share our experience. 8)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I considered staying at one of the motels or other smaller units in Door county since I was traveling alone. I was Very pleased that I decided to stay at "The Landing" - it was worth just a few more dollars spent after reading some of the reviews of other places I was considering or lack of value around.

I have been going to Door county for over 30 years, mostly with my family as our kids were growing up, my wife of 25 years and I spent our honey moon up there! We usually would rent a larger condo for the family, like at the Landmark or upscale condo's. This trip I was going alone on my motorcycle to visit friends and do some sightseeing and shop a little for gifts. I didn't want to pay for more than I needed. The room was enough space for 2 - 4 people. It had a small kitchen and a sitting area. Walking distance to the grocery store. I got food for two days, grilled out and relaxed. Home cooked eggs in the morning and food for lunch. It was cozy, but still very comfortable.

The most impressive part was ALL of the staff. From the front counter to the cleaning crew, I was impressed. I travel for a living, and I can't recall seeing the cleaning crew on there knees hand washing the floors and door of the lobby and rooms.

Pools we clean and there was lots of room to lay around and enjoy the weather.
I will return The Landing. This is a hidden gem!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Guy_From_Normal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

At the Landing Resort we stayed in a Loft with a king size bed. The bedroom was the only thing on the upper floor and it was huge. The stairs were rather steep and angled, so if you get a loft, be careful going up and down. The room had a full kitchen, bath and living area. It room was clean and cared for, but the fixtures seemed rather dated (1980s?). The room also had a small attached outside deck.

The resort had a special, stay 2 nights and get the third night 1/2 off. We stayed during the week, so the prices were very reasonable. The prices are almost double on the weekends. My recommendation: stay there during the week for the best prices and smaller crowds.

The Landing is nestled in the woods, just off Highway 42. You can easily walk to other shops and restaurants in Egg Harbor. Also, a grocery store is right across the road.

We asked the front desk staff many questions about things to do in Door County. They were very accommodating and provided some great recommendations. This place is great for families. One indoor pool, one outdoor pool, volleyball court, playground, video games, and DVDs for rent etc...

Pros
+ Large Room
+ Excellent location in beautiful Egg Harbor

Cons
- Steep stairs in loft rooms

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Landing Resort? Share your experiences!