“A must-stop place on every trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Egg Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: We invite you to enjoy breakfast all day or stop in for soup and sandwich for lunch or an early dinner. Experience the tradition of Door County in our smoke-free, family-friendly restaurant. We also offer a refreshing beer and wine list and a fabulous homemade dessert menu!Great place for breakfast and lunch in Door County
Dixon, Illinois
“A must-stop place on every trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We make a point of stopping at The Village Cafe whenever we're in Door County. I've never had a bad meal and the service is always good. This weekend I had blueberry pancakes that had huge fresh blueberries cooked into them. It's unique decor, affordable prices and nice staff keep us coming back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“friendly...fun...frenetic decor...fantastic food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to travel over to Egg Harbor for some scrumptious breakfast offerings at the Village Cafe...if you like ginormous, plump, juicy blueberries that burst in your mouth--the (daily special) blueberry pancakes are your best bet... with plenty of fresh, blue bursts of fruit in every bite, I never even needed to add syrup--a pat (or two) of butter to balance the savory richness of the pancakes with the sweet tartness of the berries and my plate was empty before I realized!!! The side of sausage links were cooked perfectly--hot and crunchy to bite into while the decaf and regular coffee my dining companion ordered were rich, robust blends that our waitress seemed to know exactly when we wanted refilled. Service was friendly and our food was served promptly. We loved the eclectic atmosphere inside--with its myriad of colorful, local artwork and crafts decorating the cheerful café. As I peered closer to one of the items, I was happy to see tags on it, and others hanging around, that signified these treasures were available for taking home as mementos or gifts from your door county holiday!!! Also offered are a wide variety of their own homemade goodies--pasta sauce, granolas, special spice blends, etc and (Pink Bakery) pastries that are a must-have for the "foodie" in all of us to sample!!! Can't wait to have the chance to enjoy some more good food, friendly service and pick up some presents to send home!!! Village Café serves breakfast, lunch and I believe there is a happy rumor they will be staying open all day to serve supper this season...part of the wonderful Moja-Rosa's trifecta (along with Villagios and Pink Bakery) the Village Café is a definitive dining destination in my mind for being a good place to enjoy a great meal in comfortable surroundings with a pleasant staff!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Appleton, Wisconsin
“good food but crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've been to Village Café several times over the last couple years and keep coming back. They keep limited hours so be sure to verify they're open before you go. The restaurant itself has so much to look at on the walls, and so many items for sale! Visually a pretty interesting place and fun to browse while you're waiting for your food. However, it can feel a little crowded in there when they have a full house, which is often during the summer season.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Really cute! Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hubby and I split the veggie pesto melt. Fresh sautéed veggies basil pesto cream cheese smothered with Monterey Jack cheese and grilled open faced on whole wheat bread. $9.25 craft beers $4. Wine $6. Beautiful desserts, excellent atmosphere great service!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Good food, great service, fun atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Good home cooking at its best! The waitstaff are very friendly and helpful. I have been thete several times, and have always been treated warmly. The decor is bright, colorful, fun, and all for sale! Stop in. You will be glad you did!

• Visited August 2013