“You Gota Try This Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Hamburgers, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Chicago, Illinois
“You Gota Try This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

My family has been vacationing in Door County for a number of years, we passed The Bistro and never tried it until my daughter noticed their new paint job this year so we decided to give it a try. Let me say we could not have been happier. They were busy so we had to wait but the little lounge was perfect. My daughter and her friend got to watch TV and they stayed happy while we snacked on baked brie with blueberries that was amazing. The manager stopped by and was super nice saying that he was setting up a table in their board room for us, which turned out to be a lovely spot to dine. By the end of the meal my whole family was extremely happy, and we ended up go back two more times while we were up in Door County. You gota try this place!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mm207, Public Relations Manager at The Bistro at Liberty Square, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. The baked brie with blueberries is one of our favorites too. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Chicago, IL
“Agonizingly slow service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

The food here is decent, but oh my lord, the slow service. We waited 15 minutes to be seated; another half hour for someone to take our order, and then an hour for our meal. And the place wasn't even crowded! The person who waited on us looked like a deer caught in the headlights and couldn't answer any questions we asked about the menu. Coffee cups and drinks did not get refilled, and it was like pulling teeth just to get a glass of water and a few extra napkins. The prices are a little on the high side for what you're getting.

They may have just been understaffed that day, but it sounds like it's an ongoing problem because I've heard other people complain about the service here as well. This place is pleasant looking and has a good location, but my advice is to skip it, unless you don't mind being aggravated by poor service and/or a long wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank for bringing the timely service issue to our attention. We are sorry to hear you had a terrible experience with us, and we apologize.

When you're up in Door County again, please stop in. We would like to be able to correct you're last experience and give you one that you can rave about.
Dallas, TX
“Dine someplace else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Arrived on a Wednesday night. The place was half full, and we were told to wait in their "bar", which isn't really a bar and seems like a place to market merchandise from the attached store. After 25 minutes we were escorted to a table near the door to the patio by which every person has to walk to get to the "bar". This in fact that 4 or 5 two-person tables were set up along the walls. I eventually had to move my chair to keep from being hit by passersby. While waiting for our food, I watch 3 or 4 parties leave the "bar" and the restaurant entirely. One group of 5 was there for over an hour.

As for the food, my pork tenderloin was essentially tasteless and overcooked, and my wife's pasta dish had by far the most overcooked shrimp I had ever eaten. The salad that came with the meal was the smallest portion I have every received, anywhere.

The manager had time to greet his friends that were dining next to us, but avoided eye contact with us and the rest of the diners.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank for bringing the timely service issue and food quality to our attention. We are sorry to hear you had a terrible experience with us, and we apologize.

We take your concerns very seriously, and we have hired a new Front Manager who is looking at new procedures that should deal with these issues. We also will be remodeling our bar area this winter to make it a more relaxing pub atmosphere complete with more bistro tables and a fully staffed bar counter.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful food, great ambience and interesting shopping too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Had a very enjoyable meal at the Bistro at Liberty Square in Egg Harbor last night. Seafood Alfredo was excellent, and I especially liked that you could order a half portion, so I had room for cherry pie ala mode, the way it should be. Beautiful romantic urbane bar, and you can even hold a party here or a wedding reception was just ending. If you are coming to Door County check it out - right on your left as you drive into town. Great and interesting shopping too! Art, jewelry, clothing, toys and games, and beautiful furniture for you cottage, all in one place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you. We are pleased you had a great experience with us both dining and shopping, and that you had room to try some of Door County's famous cherries. We look forward to the chance to serve you again.
mpls
“Place looks nice but service and food is poor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My girlfriend and I spent a fantastic relaxing weekend in Door County for Memorial Day. We spent our last night in Egg Harbor and wanted to eat a nice dinner. By far we're we expecting top of the line dinning, but what we got was bottom of the barrel. The timing of the service was unacceptable. Drinks were served on time but bread, salad, and dinner we're 30-40mins apart. I ordered the full order of salmon ($21) which I felt had no taste and was truly overcharged being that the fish measured 5"x1.5". I did ask to make sure I was clear that I got the right size fish and my server informed me that the regular order is tiny. My girlfriend ordered the gorgonzola stuffed chicken that was severely over cooked and dry. This place needs to get it's staff all on the same page. My dinner bill that night ran us just under $70. The night before we at in Fish Creek and had much service, food, and desert. Take my advice and go try some place else. I hope this place makes it but if it does it won't be on my dime. Also before I forget, another table near us was so hungry they offered to take a slice of pizza from the neighboring table due to there 45min wait before any part of there order came out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
We are so sorry to hear that you had a terrible time with us, and we would like to apologize for the long wait and quality of your meal.

We take your concerns very seriously, and we have hired a new Front Manager who is looking at new procedures that should deal with these issues. Also your review helped us to decide to no longer serve a half order of the salmon as it is just too small a serving, and we want our customers to be pleased by the size of our portions and quality of our food.

We hope you will stop in again and give us a second chance. We would like to be able to meet and exceed your expectations.