“A favorite eating establishment, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bistro at Liberty Square

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Hamburgers, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
“A favorite eating establishment, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have always had a good experience at The Bistro, and Galileos, their second restaurant. It's nice to be able to choose either menu in either restaurant. Their burgers are to die for, and the crab cakes are wonderful. A pleasnat experience all around.

Visited July 2011

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Don't believe the hype... go down the street to Shipwrecked.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My daughter and I always stop at Shipwrecked for lunch on the last day of our annual trip to Door County. We decided to try something different this year after seeing so many ads for The Bistro about it being named "the best", etc. etc. Within minutes we looked at eachother and said, "We should stick with what we know." Next year we will be back at Shipwrecked down the street. Our service was horrible and the food was mediocre at best. The spinach and artichoke dip, which was labled "a favorite" on the menu, was the worst I've ever tasted. It was watery and bland. We did not eat much of it. My daughter ordered the BBQ chicken pizza - priced at about $12 and it was a 4-slice single serving pizza that was swimming in BBQ sauce and the chicken she said tasted "questionable. She ate less than half of it. I had the BLT which was overpriced and not at all remarkable. It was served with kettle chips that looked like they'd been dumped on the plate straight from the bad. (At $7.99, the sandwich should have been served with fires, but that was another $2.49 or something like that.) In all, we paid $35 for a lunch that was horrible. You would think that when a waitress notices you've eaten barely anything that they would ask if something was wrong with the dish but nothing was said. We were never even asked the standard, "How is everything." While we waited and waited for our food we noticed our waitress chatting outside on the patio with someone she obviously knew. When she finally did come back in, our food was brought out right away, which told us our food had been sitting in the kitchen while she chatted. I will never go back to this restaurant. There are many, many good places to eat in Door County. This is not one of them. I've read the other reviews and have seen the same standard answer from the PR department. You don't have to cut and paste it again. I'm not interested in your insincere post. (I'm a director of public relations and I would never ever give the same answer - especially in print - to multiple customers. More evidendence of the poor, poor customer service here. ) Please, spend your money somewhere else. I had 4 meals out while in Door County. This was the most expensive and the only one that I regret.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great meal to start a weekend of fun at door county”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Had breakfast here with a group of friends to start our wine tasting and shopping and sightseeing weekend at door county. To start off, their coffee was good. Everyone enjoyed their meals with special mention of the Ham and bacon strata. The french toast and pancakes were really good too. We were lucky that the weather was nice so we got to sit at the patio. Service was also good, someone is always either filling up the drinks or checking in. Would come back if ever I'm in the area again.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Think it will improve once they get the rhythm down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Added name to wait list and was told about 20-30 minutes. Sat at bar and had drinks while waiting. An hour later hostess told couple next to us their table was ready, but we had been waiting longer, we then asked what about us and were told I'm sorry, we lost the wait list and thought you just stopped in for drinks. Normally we would have walked, but we were starving at this point! They bought us a drink and apologized explaining they opened recently.......

The food was flavorful, a good meal especially when you are starving.

The restaurant is very warm and welcoming. The bar was handmade and is really beautiful.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison
“Had a great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Had our breakfast here, based on their page in a menu magazine. We weren't disappointed!
My egg, cheese and Neuske's ham sandwich on whole wheat toast, accompanied by fresh fruit cup, was outstanding. My husband happily polished off his platter of eggs, ham and pancakes-- with locally-made maple syrup. Decor was wine-y, with many charming European posters. Service was good. The owner visited each table, which indicated to me that he cares about how they're doing.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mm207, Public Relations Manager at The Bistro at Liberty Square, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
We're so glad to hear you had a great experience. Thank you for choosing to eat with us, and we hope to see you again soon.