“We will go back again and again” 5 of 5 stars

4929 Landmark Drive, Egg Harbor, WI 54209   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Egg Harbor
Chicago, Il
“We will go back again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

I loved this place and I love Door County. My husband, son and I stayed at the Landmark just after Labor Day. The one bedroom we had was just perfect. I still can't believe the view from our big bay window or the balcony or even the bedroom. The indoor pool was perfect I could see my family swiming through the glass from the nice adjoining room with computers,a fireplace and tv while. I checked email and looked up last minute attractions and a number for dinner reservations before joining them. The pool is a unique shape allowing many people to swim without feeling crowded. Not that it was a problem, during our 3 hours in the 24 hour pool area there was only one other visitor. The boys spent part of the time in the adjoining game room while I checked out the steam room whirlpool also shaped to allow for a roomier feel to the guest that were no using the facilites that night. Also noteable was the house keeping. There was no need to request extra or clean towels. The rooms are kept very nice. And it was great to have the entire suite. I would recomend the Landmark to anyone.

• Liked — I arrived at midnight so I would have to say the suprise of the view when I woke up in the morning and looked out my bedroom window.
  • Disliked — no smoking rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't miss the trip to Cave Point county park in Whitefish Dunes State Park and make sure to take the ferry to Washington Island to see Schoolhouse Beach
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
IA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

We were not sure what to expect by the previous reviews, but we were disappointed to get there and smell it for ourselves. As soon as we walked into our Flagship Building the odor hit us. We could not tell if it was mold, bug spray or old smokers smell. My daughter decided it smelled like the asian beetles or fake ladybugs after they have been squashed- only multiplied x 1000+. Our condo was small. We had a window ac . The loft had a tv but the first floor BR was very cramped and did not have a tv. My husband and I took the upstairs BR ,but then the boys were just over the railing on the sofabed. No privacy. Poor lighting. One small bathroom that was very cramped and was not even up to motel standards. The dishwasher was a joke- it was sooooo loud. I know they call it a timeshare type condo , but I am not sure where the maintenance fees are going. The carpet needed to be cleaned. The beds were very soft so you went to the middle. Well, anyway I would not stay again. Door County was great though. Would go there again. We had the woodside so our view was the parking lot. The other side was of the Bay and it looked great. It is actually on a bluff that is not a direct bluff to the bay- it is a drive to a beach. Also, the hot tub on the first floor was out of order. And we do not have satellite at home so I was looking forward to squeezing in a bit of HGTV, but there were only 17 channels of cable. Pretty lame channels.

Stayed September 2006
Antioch, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

We went for a family reunion and when we booked the rooms months in advance we asked if we could all have rooms next to eachother (and even called a week ahead to make sure it was still ok.) They had said that would be no problem but when we arrived we were all on opposite ends of the buildings! Not to mention one of the condos air conditioning was broken and it was 90 degrees outside. When we called about it they brought us a box fan and didn't even offer to fix the air.
That evening we were outside using one of their picnic areas when the entire family got attacked by some sort of hornet or yellow jackets. One woman was stung over 20 times and there were little kids with numerous stings also. The front desk offered no sympathy about the whole thing. Overall the family had a good time but it had nothing to do with any help from the resort. Neither I nor any other family member will ever give them business again or reccomend it to anyone.
PS Did I mention that someone went to the bathroom in the pool so it was closed down for hours and there was no apology about that either?

Stayed August 2006
Gillett, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2006

The Landmark is in a beautiful location and the buildings have gone through recent updating. The condos are a great value and can accomodate families nicely. It's nice to have a ready to use kitchen for your meals complete with dishes and utensils.

A note worth mentioning is that the units are owned by individuals so some units may be more updated than others. We stayed in Room 1109 of the Flagship building and it looks like new furniture, etc. was recently installed.

• Stayed December 2005
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

We stayed at Landmark this fall. The location is in the middle of Door County action and has several pools (one indoor) and several whirlpools. It is well maintained and people are friendly. The views of the Bay are great. The grounds are extensive.
The two bedroom unit was well equipped and the kids enjoyed the loft bedroom. Would recommend for a family stay

illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

This was our 1st trip to Door County & the surroundings of the Landmark Resort were wonderful. Great views of the Bay from our room & the pool! Everyone at the resort was quite friendly -- the condo was clean, but the decor could use some updating. They installed new carpet in the lobby - which still smelled from previous cigarette smoke. But - overall -- our visit was very wonderful.

• Stayed July 2005
Mil, WI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

The Landmark still is the most wonderful place to stay in Door County. True, it is non-smoking, INSIDE all the buildings and condo suites. You can smoke in the Sunset View Lounge and you can smoke outside. We are sad to see your bad review based on a non-smoking issue with the opening line inferring that the Landmark is no longer a wonderful place. The majority of guests there do not smoke. Those that do, simply step outside to exercise their choice to smoke. This keeps the condos and the buildings free of cigarett and cigar smoke. The Landmark has so much to offer and the prices are great.

Been to Landmark Resort? Share your experiences!