We usually stay down in Sturgeon Bay when we visit Door County, but we went up for Pumpkin Patch in Egg Harbor, so decided to venture a bit further north and stayed at the Landmark this past weekend. We booked a room that was a Queen Main Level Water View Room. We were placed in the Flagship building.
The things we liked:
-- our room was ready, even though we checked in before the "official" check in time
--apple cider and coffee at the check in area, roaring fire going, felt like a warm welcome
--seeing the incredible fall colors from the balcony of our room, and being able to see the waters of Green Bay just beyond...just beautiful!
--the space in the condo suite--it was just two of us, families might feel more cramped, but we liked having a living area, kitchen, sep enclosed bedroom w/ ceiling fan, and most especially, that balcony!
--the walking paths all around the resort, again, gorgeous, esp with the fall colors
--the on-site restaurant...we did not eat in the restaurant, but ordered a pizza there to take back to the room, which was a nice option.
--the fact that there was a whirlpool in our building, esp since the indoor pool/rec center area is a sep building
--we didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked very nice and is open 24 hours a day for adults
the things we didn't care for:
--We didn't really like that the indoor pool/rec center was located in a sep building, we are more used to everything being under one roof, could be more of an issue in the dead of winter, this trip was great weather
--the fireplace in the lobby of our building was out of order, mentioned it to the desk, and were told our building was the only one not working...we like to sit by a fireplace when coming in at night, and are used to actually having one in our room at some other places we have stayed, so it was disappointing that we couldn't even enjoy the one in the lobby of our building
--kind of a musty "odor" when you walked into the building, it didn't carry over into the room, not sure what it was??
--again, some other hotels we have stayed in Door County offered in room whirlpools and fireplaces, so we kind of missed those touches
I would stay at the Landmark again, esp for a fall trip, because the views/colors there are incredible, and the location in Egg Harbor is very convenient, being closer to the towns on the northern part of the Peninsula. For a summer trip, it looked like they had 3 very nice outdoor pools, grills to cook out on, tennis courts, & shuffleboard available.
The location for Pumpkin Patch was great, they even had a shuttle service availalble on Saturday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landmark Resort features 294 spacious one, two and three-bedroom suites. Each is tastefully appointed. Comfortable and casual, the accommodations reflect Door County's relaxed attitude. With alternate views of the forested countryside or Green Bay's glistening waters, the suites include a fully-equipped kitchen, living room, and deck within a smoke-free environment. All of the units are air-conditioned, feature cable television, a DVD player, and free wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landmark Resort Egg Harbor, Door County, WI
- Landmark Hotel Egg Harbor