“Stayed in a TAN property and it was terrific with a wonderful view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark Resort

You added Landmark Resort to your Saves list
Landmark Resort
4929 Landmark Drive, Egg Harbor, WI 54209   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Egg Harbor
Fort Myers, FL
“Stayed in a TAN property and it was terrific with a wonderful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Tan 2 bedroom condo in the Landmark Resort is conviently located in Egg Harbor. Unit 2325 is clean and nicely decorated with a view of trees and the lake. I recommend the resort as well as this TAN property.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This property is tucked back in a wooded area. Very peaceful. The rooms are quite dated, but clean. Fridge in our room was cracked. This place is o.k. for the money. Although their is a musty type smell, I think it is more because of the lack of sun and breezes and less air circulation, not actually mold. I did not have a issue with it, but both my wife and I have commented on this for this visit and in years past.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The service here was OK, and the staff was very helpful. We very much enjoyed our room (1216) in the flagship building. I did not detect the moldy or musty odor other reviewers have mentioned. The amenities are great! Every building has a whirlpool on the bottom floor-but I was not impressed. The area felt dirty and the sauna did not work at all. I highly recommend the Landmark Resort.

Room Tip: Get a water view room--the views are breathtaking!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed in a condo for two nights, 3 days. Accomodations were fine, a few deferred maintenance items in the unit we were in. Broken easy chair, coffee and filter left in coffeepot, a kitchen drawer didn't work properly.
It was cozy, no noise, and had a very small nice little balcony/porch for 2 to sit on and enjoy the view of the woods and pine trees that you could have touched if you leaned out.
The grounds are all natural, trees and beautiful flowers everywhere. I only wish we were there in warmer weather to enjoy the fantastic outdoor pool and sit in one of the many chairs to enjoy the view of the Bay.

Room Tip: Prices are dependent on water view or woods view. Either is wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Glenview, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was really thinking on whether I should take the time to comment on my stay with my husband at the Landmark Resort, but since he doesn't want to request a refund on his credit card, I think it is important that this facility really does something about renovating and updating this resort. Like the other viewer wrote, since it was Labor day weekend, we were pretty much stuck there, and totally disappointed with the mold, musty smell! I really thought it wasn't true when I read a previous comment on it before booking room, because on pictures it looked very nice, but unfortunately it is, sorry to say. Right when we arrived to the Flagship building the odor was so strong starting from the entrance and then in room, i pretty much got nauseated, and requested to be moved right away to another area. My clothes also had the musty smell. I really wished we could have left elsewhere, but couldn't. As a health professional, my concern was especially for people with Asthma, allergies, lung conditions, etc, and surely glad i didn't bring my grandchildren with Asthma because we would have ended up in ER. Please take this comment as a negative constructive criticism because the Health Department in Door County should inspect the mold, etc., to prevent anyone getting sick. We were moved to the Harbor building, where the smell was much less, but once again when we got up in the morning to go out of our room, the musty smell was indeed in the hallway. Plus, there should be some new updates on TV's!! We gave those TV's away years ago, actually donated them, seriously, and computers with internet access in the lobbies, like the other Hotels have. I am usually a person that love to give positive feedback, but this is the truth, and hard to put it as a review for everyone to see. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Room Tip: I'm sorry, I can't because if I go back to Door County, it surely will not be to stay at Lan...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am giving an average rating. It was really more on the poor side but the kids had a blast in the pool so I am going to bump it up. I couldn't agree more with JRK60089 about the foul/musty/moldy smell in the hallways and rooms. It was almost like someone in our party wrote the review (we had multiple rooms booked). We were also there for Labor Day and stayed in the Harbor building on the bottom floor. The hallways were really dark and dingy and stinky. I immediately called to see if I could get a different room but there was nothing. The room itself was fine and we had ordered cribs and they were there when we checked in so that was good. The room also smelled really bad. So we had to open all the windows and run the a/c which made it a lot better. It would've been horrible if it was hot outside or winter. But the little kitchen was fine and all the dishes, utensils were nice. The bedroom was tiny but the bed was pretty comfortable. Overall if the room didn't stink it would've been A-OK. But then you walk outside to beautiful exterior of a building and the grass and trees are beautiful. Then there are great outside pools and tennis courts. I kept saying to my husband it was the strangest thing - such a beautiful property but so terribly outdated hallways and rooms. They have grills so we had breakfast outside one morning and that was really nice. And like I said the kids had a great time at the pool. Just bring your own towels b/c the pool ones are tiny and thin. So would I stay again? Maybe if it was a cool summer weekend. Would I stay when it was extremely hot or in the winter - absolutely not. There is no way the tiny AC unit would be able to keep the room cool and there's no way I'd want to spend a lot of time in the room in the winter. I just think if they invest some money in replacing the hallway carpets and figure out what to do with the musty smell it would be a great place to stay. We ended up checking out a day early b/c we weren't happy and they waived the $75 early departure charge which was nice but it seemed like the people I spoke to at the front desk had never heard the musty/moldy/mildewy complaints before. Fingers are crossed that they do some renovations!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Having just returned from a two day visit, I had to express my disgust at the smell of the building we were in (Charthouse, room 4104) . The minute we entered the building from the parking lot, the moldy smell engulfed us. Much to our disappointment, the odor continued into our room. In fact, we had to buy candles to try and "mask" the smell. I'm not sure if the odor is coming from the walls or the carpeting because the furnishings themselves were satisfactory, and I felt that the unit was basically clean and well maintained for it's age. With it being Labor Day weekend, we would have left the property and asked for a refund but Door County was pretty well booked up. Something must be done to get rid of the mold and mildew smell!
In addition, the resort book in the room advertises Happy Hour at the restaurant from 4pm-6pm. When we arrived and inquired about happy hour, the first bartender looked at us like we were from another planet. Another bartender had to fill her in. And then the worst of it was when we wanted to have our cocktails on the deck overlooking the lake, we were told we needed to sit on the chairs that were against the building and not the other tables with umbrellas that had a better view. They must be kidding! I am a paying guest and I will sit wherever I please, which is exactly what I did. There were plenty of tables out there? Why should we be told where to sit? The nerve of them to act that way. We are well traveled people and this would never happen at a luxury resort.

Room Tip: Any room without an odor. If you walk into the hallway and it smells, leave because your room smell...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Landmark Resort? Share your experiences!