“Eye on Handicap Accessiblity” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edgerton
“Eye on Handicap Accessiblity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel twice in three days. We stayed in the only handicapped room they offer at this property. The openness of the room was great for both walker and wheelchair handicapped. The height of the bed was good and comfortibility was also good.
The bathroom, however, needed some attention. First, my mother did not use the shower, but I did. It was good that she didn't because the floor of the shower was extremely slippery and the drain cover was not fixed and kept coming up when stood on. There was NO where to put your towel except the floor, not to mention your soap in the shower stall.

The toilet was a little low and the towels would be way out of reach for a person in a wheelchair, as would the hair dryer. There was no place to put your toiletry case except on the floor which is a problem for someone who is using a walker and has a bad back.

The only problem with the sleeping area was the coat rack. Probably a little high and inconvenient for someone in a wheelchair.

I DID speak with the manager, Patrick, the next morning about my concerns. He actually took a out a piece of paper and wrote down all my concerns and then told me ALL the issues could and WOULD be corrected in a timely fashion. He said he never thought about most of these things , he really only looked at the room to make sure it was open and accessible.

I left there feeling really good about this place and a lot of it as because of Patrick the manager.
He was sincere and reassuring that these things would be changed and wanted me to know that this was the only handicap room this property had and wanted it to be "right"!
Kudos to him!!!!

I most definitely will go back, not only to see if the changes have been done (I have no doubt), but it was clean, quiet, and close to gas, the interstate and food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Paul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had to stay one night as I was too tired to continue my drive. The cost was $116 with taxes. The quality of the room made me think that there is "motel clean" and "hotel clean." My room was sort of clean, by motel standards. Lots of dings and worn furniture, but the bed was clean and comfortable (foam pillows, but that's what you get in motels). I used a power cord that was on the floor by my bed and it was covered in dust. Further, the table had clearly not been cleaned after the last guest--there was syrup or something on it. I washed it off. Similarly, the bathroom door had clear grime marks. None of this is the end of the world. I slept fine, it wasn't gruesome, but it wasn't clean. When the front desk clerk asked me about my stay the next morning as I checked out, I mentioned that the room was not clean and she said "OK, have a good day." And I did have a good day. Breakfast was beyond the motel cold buffet: eggs, sausages, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, waffles.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edgerton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My job is 100% travel and I am a platinum member of their frequent guest program. I know what living in a hotel room entails. This is a decent place to stay for a small town but there are some potential issues. I have stayed here before and would not have again but for bad weather. Be forwarned that they allow pets so you may hear a dog barking in another room. They do not set aside rooms that never have dogs, so you may notice if you have allergies or a sensitive nose. The pet issue is why I did not prefer to stay her again. The room I am in right now smells of dog. BTW I am a specialized mechanic and I work around odors all day so I am not very sensitive to them. They have parking behind the building for semi trucks. Tractor trailers with diesel refrigeration units may be starting and stopping all night fifty feet from your room. You can get a different room with some argument but you are NOT going to be able to check out and go somewhere else without them charging you for an unsatisfactory room. It is a small market. They have a small facility. I understand the need to draw in anyone they can. But maybe they need to segregate the pet rooms and insist that no engines run out in the parking lot. Responding to a guest's request for quiet is worth more than just a quick peek seeking only a reason to refuse a remedy. You may stay here and if there are no dogs barking, if your room hasn't had a dog for a few weeks of cleanings, and if there are no refrigerated trailers in the lot when you are here, you will be very pleased. Without those problems, this is a great value and a nice place.

Room Tip: The front side has the highway noise. The back side may have the refrigerated truck noise. The roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Shawano, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed for two nights over the weekend. Room was very clean, nice pool area, very good breakfast. We were able to get a good night's rest, and had good customer service for our entire stay. Easy to get to off the highway. Would definitely stay again when we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sturgeon Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the establishment, the hot food and variety for breakfast and the staff were great. They accommodated our requests without a hitch. We did not hear any other people and the place was nearly full! Only down side, my daughter was not feeling well and we asked for a noon check-out but they were the only hotel that ever said no. (not that we do it that often)
It was easy to get to Janesville for our appointment as the highway was close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Clean, comfortable room (ours had a sofa and coffee table). Friendly staff. Nice, bright, large pool and jacuzzi area. Breakfast had eggs, sausage, french toast, bagels, and all the usual continental fare. Convenient location, just off the highway and just down the road (five minute walk, one minute drive) from a sports bar on the water and fast food options. A convenience store is about 75 feet away. Retail liquor sales end at 9pm at most places in these parts, so buy early if you want some. The hotel also sells drinks. ($3 beers for example.)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here after a long drive from North Dakota. The room was clean and spacious. We were not bothered by any noise. The desk clerk was very helpful. The breakfast was OK. They had scrambled eggs and hash, cereal, hot fresh waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. I only wish they had yogurt. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Janesville? Share your experiences!