“Hit and miss!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Hit and miss!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Seafood is a bust! Both times our party has had it and both times they have been disappointed. ..Our first visit the steaks were spectacular, but recently we ate there and all the steaks were overcooked and tough, the prim rib was served ice cold and overcooked even after being returned two times...I will say the service is very good.The staff is friendly and accommodating.
This place I'm sure is working out its glitches being that it is a couple weeks old...let's hope!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Stamford, Connecticut
“Great salad and drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here for drinks with a friend. Sat at the bar and looked at their speicality drink menu. Since nothing jumped out at me, the bartender asked what he could make me. I gave him the ingredients, and he made it for me!! Ver nice indeed! We both ordered at the bar, with the shrimp frangelica being the dish. Before that came out, we were treated to hot popovers....YUM!!! Nice treat to go with our drink! Then out came our salads. Very tasty....shrimp and all was a great combination....peaches in the salad! Delish. Fine prices...good salad. As that was all we ordered, I can't comment on the other dishes that they have.

One thing that they will need to re-think.....the door to the outside patio area. When they opened it to serve the customers out there....it became a wind tunnel and was very distracting and disturbing. So yes, I guess we should have moved to a different spot sooner!! But I think management needs to re-think that door.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“New restaurant, possibly deserve some patience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I entered and the hostess was very friendly and lead us through the bar area during lunch time. When she asked us where we wanted to sit the bartender interrupted and blurted that all the 'cool people' sit in the bar lounge area, to which I responded 'we are not that cool' and he replied ' we will seat you in the kitchen then.' Obviously trying to be funny the barkeep made a horrible first impression. We were seated at a table where we were promptly greeted by a server. Water glasses and chilled beer glass had lip marks still on the rim from previous guests, obviously the bartender was too busy coming up with snide comments instead of polishing glassware. The server took my mothers order and promptly walked away without taking my order only to return a few seconds later to ask what I wanted. When she delivered our order she served me first and my mother second, what ever happened to ladies first? During our meal we found the meatloaf and French onion soup to be very salty while listening to cooks standing around in the dining room having personal conversations, then the manager, an older gray haired man, decided he had to have a meeting with another guy in a suit five feet from our table, speaking loudly. When we asked for the bill we were informed that the computers were down and we would have to wait. After having the debit card out on the table for several minutes the server dropped the bill and walked away disregarding the card on the edge of the table. After waiting several more minutes with several flies buzzing about the room and several passes by the manager giving blank stares as he walked by we were able to sign the debit card slip and exit the building with no staff members uttering a word who seemed too busy serving some corporate function in another room. Felt uncomfortable and unwelcome. Clean it up Johnny's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Great place for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went here recently for a birthday party and had a great time! While it is a bit pricey the portions are quite generous and everything was cooked well. We especially enjoyed the popovers that came with our dinner. They had a pretty good drink selection as well. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating and it has a very nice atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Menomonie, Wisconsin
“Keep up the good work _ NOT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've had better hotel food at a Denny's.
the Service sucked we had to search out are server ,who was busy chatting on the patio.
Food was so salty(the chef said their working on the recipe)I'll give you a hint hide the salt shaker.
we walked out ..!
Wait to visit again ,like after this venture closes and an Indian restaurant goes in.
And did I mention how dark it is -its a good thing salt doesn't glow in the dark.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere