“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Eau Claire
High Ridge, Missouri, United States
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a wonderful stay, our room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful and had a very nice shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and the water was warm. Our children loved it. The breakfast buffet was very delicious with lots of choices. It is a great location, right by the mall and restaurants. We will stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. I hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Eau Claire, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed for business. Worked w/hotel staff to accomodate our group. They made sure every detail was taken care of. Atmosphere & food was superb in Johnny's. Meeting space is awesome. Not sure what else to say. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn South Eau Claire. The staff here works very hard to try to exceed your expectations, I glad we were able to make your business trip enjoyable.

We hope to see you again soon...
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Ok so it's brand new....... Everything here is nice. Rate could be a little less but we'll cut some slack until the honeymoon is over. What's not to like? Great rooms, big TV - the most channel choices including premium movie channels you'll find anywhere. Like the showers instead of the tub. On site restaurant (Johnny's) is very good. Food is excellent and priced fair for a hotel. The bar area is very big and has a great vibe. Friendly service everywhere. Only slight downside is the location. Right off the side of I94 but tricky to find). Might suggest a continental breakfast of sorts or at least a bowl of complimentary fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Maybe they'll "comp" you one.....
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
I am so glad that you choose to stay with us while you were in Eau Claire. I also want to thank you for your kind words. The staff here at the Holiday Inn - Eau Claire South want to make every guests stay with us a pleasant one. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Eau Claire.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. The hotel is easy to get to and appears to be very new. I usually avoid Holiday Inns but this one is much better than the others I've stayed at. Room was spacious and the TV had DirecTV with channel guide - a very nice touch. Bed was very comfortable. Bar had a good selection and breakfast was very good for under $10.

A couple downsides - even when turned off the room a/c would click on and off constantly. I had to unplug it to get to sleep as it was louder than my white noise app. I also heard the person above me walking around.

Room Tip: Request top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for your comments about the A/C units. We strive to provide the best experience possible for all our guests. I am glad that you found most of you stay to meet the expectations that you should be able to enjoy from us. Please try us again the next time you are in Eau Claire.
minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was staying in Eau Claire for business, and decided to stay at the NEW Holiday Inn as I had seen the construction driving by during the past year. When I arrived, the hotel was Very nice and the front desk person did a good job with checkin. The room was good, large and quiet as would be expected being a new hotel. Good night sleep! The problem was when i got up in the morning, I noticed blood on my pillow! I thought that maybe i scratched my face during the night, but NO!!! I told the night desk person, and he said that he would notify houskeeping....No apology....WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN...AND WILL THINK TWICE ABOUT SATYING AT HOLIDAY INN'S AGAIN!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered while you were here. The situation with the pillow and the way it was handled are not the standards that we expect from our staff. These issues have already been addressed.

Please accept my apologizes and let me try to assure you if you would choose to stay with us again, these issues will not happen.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Well designed rooms and recently open so everything is fresh. Staff well trained and and provided quick registration. Location is close to restaurants and shopping, near the freeway but not noisy and actually a rather scenic rural view. Finding it isn't intuitive and some map nav systems don't yet have this location. Agree with another's comments about the TV remote being unnecessarily quirky/complicated - small annoyance but why not keep it straightforward. The space in the rooms, the microwave and fridge all add to the positive reaction.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view to the southeast
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I want to thank you for your comments. We want to bring the best experience possible to all our guests so we take every comment seriously. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Hope to see you when you travel through Eau Claire.
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is new, so of course right now is when everything is at its best. The heat unit in my room I think needs to be looked at as I had to run it at full blast for several hours before the room warmed up. The only bad thing is the TV and the remote control for it- very hard to use, and yes, I know that sounds dumb but you will see for yourself. The restaurant is nice, food was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that you choose the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South when you were in town. I appreciate your feed back on the remote controls and the A/C units. We take all suggestions and comments seriously. I hope you will try us again when you are in town.

Been to Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94? Share your experiences!