“Beautiful and Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Beautiful and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were traveling through and stopped by the Bijou for dinner. This place is a must stop! The place is intimate, so make a reservation if possible. Gorgeous decor. The food, ah, the food was amazing. The Bijou salad was a flavorful mix. My husband had the lobster ravioli, and it definitely did not disappoint. I had the filet and it was delicious. The cypress Cabernet was wonderful. This place is an absolute gem! Thanks for the lovely evening!

Edina
“Hospitable service and ambience but food below expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I arrived 5 minutes before opening and was let in without fuss. I liked the interior decor and ambience. However, the food was up to par. Risotto that was part of my main dish was significantly undercooked. I sent it back and in 5 minutes I got slightly softer rice swimming in a little lake of butter. Even then there was no chance for the flavor of the spinach added to the risotto to permeate inside the rice grains as it is expected in the good continental restaurants. I hoped for a dessert to make up for the main course shortcomings. The dessert menu was a disappointment. That combination of ice cream and cake belonged more in a chain restaurant than in the restaurant with the New York aspirations

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Finally, New York or Chicago style fine dining in Eau Claire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

What a great treat! Went with my husband, a retired executive chef/owner from Philadelphia, and our friends for our first trip to Bijou Bistro. We were delighted to finally find fine dining in Eau Claire. Al of us tried a different offering in appetizers and entrees. Everything was perfectly prepared, beautifully presented, and absolutely delicious. The Bananas Foster in a huge martini glass was to die for. A full bar with top shelf drinks and aperitifs only adds to the experience. Elegant white linen, crystal chandeliers, professional servers...I thought I was back on the Main Line, in Manhattan, or maybe just off Michigan Ave. This is the kind of culinary superlative that Eau Claire has been missing. Chef Tony and his staff have it right....simple, but ambitious menu, small and intimate, but not pretentious. I hope Eau Claire appreciates and supports Bijou so it stays open. I know I will be a regular and encourage everyone I know to give it a try. Worthy of four Michelin stars. ****

• Visited October 2013
Eau Claire, WI
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Eat here as often as I can. Consistently good food and good drinks. Shirley mixes a mean martini! Good menu but limited. The rumaki sampler is my favorite. A great restaurant for a special occasion. Tony is a great chef and has reason to be proud of his food and his cool restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Best food in Eau Claire and probably all of Wisconsin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Took our daughter for her birthday and Tony went over the top in the prep. The atmosphere is sophisticated, elegant, and I feel very relaxing for a dinner meal. (Unlike loud and line dancing). The meals that I have had have all been perfection and the Bijou salad is the best salad that I have ever had. The attention to detail is evident in everything from the bread plate and butter knife to the Black Sea salt on the butter giving an appearance of caviar. Once you step inside the restaurant you will be transported to a new dining experience in Eau Claire. Keep up the great work Tony as Eau Claire has long deserved a really wonderful dining experience.

• Visited August 2013