“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Eau Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Eau Claire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My stay was extremely disappointing. I will be contacting the manager directly to explain my experience. I had called ahead for a handicapped excessible room explaining I had a daughter in a wheelchair. I asked if there was a shower for her too. They said yes and I booked my room. When we arrived, my daughter could not take a shower....she could not even close the door to the bathroom for privacy because her wheelchair would not fit. The wheelchair barely fit between the bed and the dresser and she had to be pulled back by me to get out. It was beyond disappointing. It was enough to bring tears of frustration to both my daughter and my eyes. While I believe we deserve a full refund, I also want to emphasize the need to not mislead other potential customers who are handicapped. This is NOT a handicap accessible room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Newton, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here last year on our vacation through Western Wisconsin / Eastern Minnesota. This year because of a graduation we decided to visit the Central and South Central areas of Wisconsin. Eau Claire was in between the Twin Cites (Graduation) and our first planned destination, so we decided to stay at the Super 8 again, since the first visit was so enjoyable.
When I made the reservation, I requested the room we had last year because it fit our needs (Wife is a smoker and it was near the exit door). To my surprise they did as I had asked and we were in the same room.
The Front Desk Attendants were pleasant and check-in and out went smoothly.
Our room was just as nice as it was last year, but my wife thought it felt a little dirty to her, that the carpet in the room and in the hallway needed to be deep cleaned, but other than that it was fairly priced, served it's purpose for an overnight sleep, shower and hit the road stay.
I didn't go down but my wife said that breakfast wasn't much to choose from, which we have noticed in our last few stays at Super 8's, that the choices are getting to be less and less. They still had the Cinnamon Rolls, which are the best for pre-packaged rolls in my opinion.
All in all it was a pleasant and peaceful night and I would recommend this place for a one night stay.

Room Tip: If you have special requests let them know when you make a reservation or at check-in and they will...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Bend, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The title almost says it all. The front desk staff was friendly and our first floor request was honored. Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Wi fi was a little spotty but if you tried a couple of times you could always connect. Location is convenient because their are a couple of restaurants within walking distance was several more a short drive away. It is not the Marriott, but then again, neither is the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Colona, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Hotel was clean, although somewhat outdated. Beds were clean and we had a good nights rest. There was mold in the corner of the shower enclosure, but nothing that a little bleach and a toothbrush couldn't cure. Breakfast in morning was cereal, juice, coffee, waffles, which is pretty average for Super 8. We were in and out in less than 12 hours. We had a late arrival, only to find out exit to motel was closed, so we had to reroute and added about 15 minutes to an already late night. Desk clerk was okay, at first, but when I asked her for the exit number before, so other family members who arrived later, wouldn't have to go around like we did, she was very short and barked that I look at the map on the wall. That was my only real complaint, you get what you pay for, but at least the room was clean and the beds were comfortable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Eau Claire/Campus Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Eau Claire/Campus Area

Address: 1151 West MacArthur Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Eau Claire
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Eau Claire
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Eau Claire/Campus Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Super 8 Eau Claire/Campus Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Eau Claire/Campus Area Hotel Eau Claire

If you own or manage Super 8 Eau Claire/Campus Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.