“Best Salads Downtown, Bar None” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 201 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: American
“Best Salads Downtown, Bar None”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The best salads in town, hands down! Their build your own options are extensive, and everything tastes so fresh. Their sandwiches, while not so memorable, have never disappointed. Service was always very fast for me, and always made for friendly conversation. Smiling Moose Deli is definitely a regular stop for me!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

You can create your own sandwich or choose from their great menu. Service is a bit slow though. Nice location for a downtown worker to grab a bite over their lunch hour.

Visited July 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Expensive, and a recently reduced menu.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Ate here for lunch a couple days ago after having eaten their food previously via carry out. To my disappointment, I noticed that the menu had changed and all of my favourite options were no longer on the menu! I asked the girl at the counter when the menu changed and she looked at me puzzled for a moment before replying that it changed a couple months ago. I ended up ordering an unexceptional meatball sub. While the meatballs were good, there was nothing noteworthy about them. I've always thought the menu was a bit expensive for what you got but now that my favourites are no longer present it seems even more so. I would really like to love this place as the location is fantastic, and the revitalization of down town is really exciting, but I don't think I'll be coming back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Great Location, Awful Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I so want to like this place - it is downtown, right by the farmer's market, and has a pie/ice cream shop attached. What is not to like? The service! I even wrote a follow-up email and didn't get a reply. Very disappointing.

Visited November 2011
“Good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I went there yesterday for lunch. The sandwich was good but cost $10, kind of expensive for just a sandwich. The atmosphere is good and the food was good. The only other hang up is that it took nearly 15 minutes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere