“Clean & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Campus Area

You added Clarion Hotel Campus Area to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Campus Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2703 Craig Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701 (Formerly Holiday Inn Eau Claire-Campus Area/I-94)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Eau Claire
Arlington, TX
“Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here one night. Room was clean and fairly comfortable. Digital thermostat couldn't have been easier to use. No exhaust fan in bathroom so it gets steamy after a shower. Speaking of the shower, the head is very low. At 5'9, I'm not a big guy, but I still had to all but duck just to get under it. Overall, the stay was pleasant. I'd certainly consider staying here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here during our college visit at UW Eau Claire, Go Blugold. This hotel was an average hotel. The room was nice and clean. The clerk at check in was very helpful with directions to the campus. The pool area was clean as well, albeit, the hot tub could have been more spa like, i.e. more whirl.
The on-site restaurant/bar, The Green Mill, was good. We ordered the pizza, which was excellent. The beer selection was also good.
The "On the go" breakfast was adequate. It had pre-packaged muffins, granola bars, yogurt and fruit. They even provided a bag for the "To go " part. Coffee and juice was also available, "To go" as well. This was no breakfast, no even a continental one, but it was adequate.
On a side note. I had booked this hotel via Venere.com and I could have sworn that a breakfast for two, at the Green Mill was included in the price that I had booked. Unfortunately, no such notation was on my reservation confirmation. The clerk did tell me that he was going to check into this, but never did. So, did I read something that wasn't there, or did venere.com pull a fast one?
Other then that, which turned out not to be a big deal, the "To go" breakfast was sufficient, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed there for 3 days for a conference. During this time the room was never cleaned. Though it looked like somebody came and moved stuff around none of the dishes were taken care of nor was anything cleaned as would be expected at a hotel. Coffee cups, drinking glasses all left as dirty. Disappointing.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Melissa C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Campus Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to let us know that we did not perform at our best. I do apologize for your room not receiving the service you had been expecting. It is definitely not a normal occurrence and I will address this with our housekeeping staff and managers in our weekly meeting. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you in the future.

Melissa C
Caledonia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

stay here approx 20 to 30 nights per year and it never disappoints me. excellent value for price. staff is friendly and knowledgeable. adjoining restaurant is also very good... You will not regret staying here.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Melissa C, Manager at Clarion Hotel Campus Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
My staff and I thank you very much for your continued loyalty to our hotel!
We hope you always have an excellent stay and find great value in our offerings.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next visit!

Eau Claire, WI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I've stayed here a few times now, twice for business and once for a "getaway." It's your basic hotel with the basic amenities. The rooms are neat and clean, lots of lights, free Wi-fi, HBO and a grab-and-go breakfast. It's nice to have ceramic and glass mugs and cups in the rooms...a nice touch!

The staff was very friendly this trip and it was nice to see the pool being used by a few different families. The Green Mill is attached, but I didn't eat there.There were a lot of patrons though.

Great rates! This hotel would be convenient if you're visiting the campus or local hospital. The only bad thing about the location is that there's really nowhere to walk to...even getting to the strip mall across the main road is tricky!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. My staff and I thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to exceeding your expectations each trip!
We are fortunate to feature the award winning Green Mill and hope you will get to try their delicious entrees in the future!
Hopefully the City of Eau Claire will be doing improvements to the pedestrian areas of our neighborhood in the future, as we have some great attractions within walking distance!

Best regards,
Houghton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Good Location and good value hotel. The old Holiday Inn, Clarion acquired and freshened it up. A lot of cool, 70/80s hotel touches - big pool, absolutely sprawls and long hallways, quiet. Be advised that there is no elevator so if you prefer first floor make it known up front. Manager Melissa is upbeat and accommodating. Green Mill Restaurant is good and has a great bar. Also be aware no free full breakfast. A definite recommend for staying in Eau Claire

Room Tip: No elevator so if an issue choose first floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us! I enjoyed making your acquaintance and getting to know you and your wife while you were our guest. I am glad you both had a pleasant weekend with us and I look forward to welcoming you both back in the future!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

Had an overnight stay as I traveled thru. Was a good value and would definitely stay here again. There is a Green Mill restraunt as part of the hotel which was very convenient and provides a good opton for food. Easy access on and off the freeway

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Campus Area, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel, and the attached Green Mill Restaurant and Bar. I am happy to see you find us a great value, and we also consider the Green Mill a fantastic addition to our facility. My staff and I thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your return visit.

Best regards,
Melissa Carter
Assistant General Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Campus Area? Share your experiences!