“No personality” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Eau Claire WI
“No personality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Went there once, nothing to bring me back. Food reminded me of being at a Hooters...

57% Recommend
Watertown, WI
“Beer, Pizza and Root Beer were all good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stopped here for some food, beer and the Packer Game. Service was a little slow, but we thought the beer was really good, and the pizza was also good. The root beer was really good too. Reminded us of the old time fountain Root beer we use to get as kids.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“horrible staff, horrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We went out with some friends and their kids to have a decent meal, but ended up spending over 2hrs before we managed to get the bill correct and pay. Service was horrible they could not remember what we ordered and when some of our food came the rest of us had to wait 10 min. or more before we got our food. The food was bad as well. The fish was under cooked and baked potato tasted nuked. Never Again!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Lot's of Promise, Little Delivered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I want to like Northwoods. Built in Brew Pub, Norske Nook cooking and pie. I have been disappointed twice.

We have good for two fish fries. Fish is ok, but can take a long time for seconds, and they only start you with two pieces. Taste is good however.

A new menu item is the duck burger - which got rave reviews from one of our dinner party at our most recent visit.

Beer - so so. Nothing special. Not up to other brew pubs such as the Great Dane

The pie should be great, but it's not. They have my favorite (sour cream raisin) but put meringue on it. Really? Most of the pies are two sweet and very congealed filling.

The service we received was ok, but we observed some really terrible service on other tables.

All in all, I cannot recommend. Food is good, beer ok, pie disappointing, service bad.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your time!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011 via mobile

This place literally made me never want to go out to eat again!!!! Worst experience ever. Went here with a friend and first we ordered a sampler platter appetizer from the most unprofessional snotty waitress ever. After 30 minutes she finally came back with our drinks and the appetizer that may I add had ice cold chicken along with slightly warmed everything else. Obviously we weren't going to eat that but the waitress was no where to be found to ask if we could get a fresh one so we sat there for another 30 minutes sipping on disgusting home made soda. Finally she came back with our meals. Guess who got frozen ranch for her salad and brown lettuce in her gyro.... I kid you not when I say all of the lettuce was brown. My friend didn't get the coleslaw he ordered so we were waiting to ask the waitress who was a no show after giving us our "food" I finally searched down a manager and kindly explained to him that there was no way I was going to pay for all of this food that was inedible. He was the only one there that seemed half concerned that all of the food was disguising. We ended up driving over to huhot and having a much better time. Do not ever fo to this restaurant who knows what they do to your food when your not looking if they will straight up serve you rotten lettuce.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere