“Very bad customer service” 1 of 5 stars

113 West Grand Avenue, Eau Claire, WI
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 201 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone: (715) 832-5478 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=eau+claire+courtn+house&fb=1&gl=us&hq=courtn+house&hnear=Eau+Claire,+WI&cid=16318654923315142394
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Very bad customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I got a group of 6 people together to go there for Friday night fish fry. Their food was good, but the service was just terrible. We waited about an hour to be seated, which was fine because they warned us it would be a while. However, once we were seated we waited another hour just to get our food. We then asked a passing waitress if our food was coming soon, and she just snapped at us and told us that we hadn't been waiting that long. We asked a different waitress if she knew if our food was coming soon, and she went back to the kitchen and asked. She came back and told us that our food was coming out at that moment. We ate, and after we went up to the bar to pay. We asked the bartender if there was a way for us to get some sort of compensation for the time we spent waiting for our food and for the rudeness of the first waitress, and he said that everyone waits that long. We knew this wasn't true. There was a huge group of people in the restaurant waiting to be seated who left because it was taking such an obnoxiously long time. We then asked to speak to a manager, who was extremely rude! She kept trying to talk over us. She did not even offer to pay for our drinks (we only had one each). We informed her that we would never becoming back and that we would recommend Court'n House to anyone we knew, and she flat out said that she didn't care! If they had better customer service, it would have been a nice place.
The food was a little pricey for what you got. The environment was about par for a bar in WI.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Burgers are good, but there are better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Price may be good, but In Eau Claire, there are much better atmosphere that accepts a NEW thing called credit card! The family that runs this bar needs to get real, credit cards and cash are real!

New Bern, NC
“The burgers were to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is really a dump, but the best burgers in town, so overlook it and enjoy! We used to go here years ago and the burgers were the best then. Well they ARE still the best I town, I'm not kidding plus the French fries are the hottest, need I say more.

Visited September 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“They only take cash”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stopped by the place while I was in town. I'd consider it a dive bar, but the burger was really good. I've had better, but it ranks up there. They have a number of other items on the menu, including southwestern fried cheese curds. I had to order them because I was curious. They were pretty good and they gave me so much I could only eat half of the order.

The prices were reasonable and the service was fine. The bartender also doubled as the waitress for the whole place, but it wasn't busy. I could envision service problems if the place got busy.

They only take cash, so plan ahead. Yes, they have an ATM. It's their ATM, so they get a $2 fee every time somebody uses it. This fee is on top of the fee you'll pay your bank. Nice little scam they have going. They refuse to accept cards (so they pay no card fees) and they have their own ATM (so they receive a fee). The next time I go to a place that only accepts cash I'm walking out solely on principle.

I'd go back for the burger, but not before trying other places in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Don't go there, we don't need it more crowded. But seriously they are great, the place is a dump. Do not go there looking for fine dining, valley girls, or woo girls. But if you can wait of a great burger, it's the one.

Visited August 2013