“Great, clean, inexpensive hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Eau Claire
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Great, clean, inexpensive hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to St. Paul for a concert and stayed at the Econolodge in Eau Claire. For the price I was worried it would be dirty, but I couldn't have been more wrong! Our room was immaculate, and quite large. The hotel was very quiet and we both slept comfortably. I definitely recommend this hotel if you're trying to stay on a budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMWI085, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We are pleased you and your pet enjoyed the accomaditions at our hotel..Unfortunately as of January 1, 2014 we have had to raise our pet fee to $15.00/pet/night. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I traveled from Pennslvania to North Dakota and had the good luck to choose the Econo Lodge for one of our overnights. We stayed at a not so pleasant motel the night before and I was worried about the rest of trip. However, the motel was clean and well maintained, as well as affordable. The front desk clerk was very friendly and I felt safe. Did I say it was clean??? I would absolutely stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMWI085, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I want to appologize for your feeling of insecurity during your stay with us. I will definately address your concern with my staff to make sure this does not happen again. I hope you will stay with us again.
Kind Regards,
Anne
Excelsior, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This motel is in a great location near restaurants and access to the freeway. Rooms and clean and spacious. Basic but nice. The only issue I had was when I checked in, the front desk person handed me my key and announced my room number out loud. This is a major safety concern. There was a guy sitting within earshot. I double locked my door that night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GMWI085, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I will adress your concerns with my staff. This is definately not policy at our hotel..Our guests privacy and safety are of the utmost concern to us. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Kind Regards,
Anne
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night recently and found this to be a great choice. Room was very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good. Price was very reasonable, possibly due to its' out-of-the-way location. We got up early to get a head start on a long day of travel on our motorcycles and when we left at 630am there couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 cars in the parking lot. I'd fully recommend staying here for a clean, very quiet, and very reasonably priced room.

Room Tip: Great layout of this hotel appears to make room choice a non issue.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GMWI085, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the accomadations that we have to offer. Hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Hurley, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here in June on business and the place is showing signs of its age. Do not get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the place and I would probably stay again but is easy to see that there has not been any sort of deferred maintenance in a long time. I am going to attach some pictures and you will see what I mean. It is the small things that kill places like this. For example, there was a cigarette burn in the floor. This is a simple $40 repair? I did not really mind but if my wife were with me, she would have had a fit. The other thing that bother me was the continental breakfast that they advertise. There was probably 50 rooms at this place and the area where they served the continental breakfast only had four tables and it was not a continental break fast, it was bread, juice, and coffee. I just walked on by and went out for breakfast but this may have made some people very upset. Again, I would probably stay again if I could not find something closer.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay, ask for a room on the north side of the building. I stayed on the south s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Twin Cities, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed here two years ago and was pleasantly surprised at this motel. This trip was not as nice. The public bathroom off the lobby had no towels. I always check the corners in the bathrooms to see how clean a room is and there was a lot of "gunk" in the corners. The toilet was barely connected to the wall. There were stains on the "clean" towel. I got shampoo but no conditioner. The TV guide in the room did not match the channels on the TV and there was no CBS station. Hallways are noisy, but not much room to room noise. Staff was great - super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok - same as last time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Roscoe, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

When I called around for a room near campus some of them where sold out and some had inflated the price for graduation weekend. We had never stayed at the Econo Lodge and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean, the showers and bedspreads were new. Nice firm beds and good big pillows. We had a good assortment for breakfast. We had a choice of yogurt, 3 choices of cereal, 3 different sweet rolls, hard boiled eggs, and bagels. It was 10 minutes to campus. We would definitely stay there again? All rooms are no smoking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!