“average, could be better, could be worse.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Eau Claire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Minnesota
“average, could be better, could be worse.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

my cousin and I stayed there because all the other area hotels were booked due to multiple events happening in/around that area-we were there for Rockfest concert. Anyways it could be better (the ac units are outdated, barely cool off the room). It was a basic hotel room, 2 beds, plenty of space, the shower was nice, the bathroom was clean. came with a fridge, tv, etc. My only real complaint is that a dumb drunk man came pounding on my door at 3:26am, thinking my hotel room was his hotel room. I didn't respond to his banging and shouting through the door, but had to search for the hotel desk number using my cell phone light. I eventually found the number and was able to get the night manager to come down and tell the idiot that *my* room wasn't his room. I would rate this place a 3 out of 5 stars because it's not the greatest place I've been to, but definitely not the worst place ive crashed at. I'm also confused as to why my credit card was charged a penny randomly, a few days after I stayed there. lol

Room Tip: make sure you know the front desk's number before you go to bed, in case of drunken idiots bangi...
Green Features: they have "gone green" so to speak, if you stay multiple days, you can choose to reuse your towels or have them washed daily-or given brand new ones. Im going to assume the janitors also use "green" chemicals too.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. I apologize that another guest made your stay less enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. Next time you are in Eau Claire please don't hesitate to stop buy and try us again. Our font desk staff is available and pleased to assist you 24 hours a day, and can be reached by dialing "0" on the phone in your room. We hope to see you again soon!

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel specifically because the site I reserved it from said 24-hour pool. No. We needed a break from our cross country move (day 3), and upon our 11pm checkin were told no hot tub, for our aching bodies, no matter what, and I'm disabled especially with chronic pain. True, I should not be driving this far, but had no choice.
We opened the door and the room looked great!!! But it was a facade, a show. The mattresses in both beds dipped severely in the middle, and my teens and I got a lot closer, when we rolled into each other!!!
The room was a bit dirty. We found chips between the night stand and our beds just to start...Some time in the night I was bitten several times, but did NOT see any sign of bed bugs. That's a PLUS!
There were spiders and webs hanging from the ceiling, in the corners of the exposed beams.
The water pressure of the shower is more like a mist, but I'm sure due to water regulations, that can't be helped.
They DID take into consideration my handi-accessible room request, and our sliding door opened up to one of the courtyards/patios. That was NICE. I also wasn't put through too much for my small service dog.
I wouldn't stay here again. It all looks great on the surface, until you actually go to use something.

• Stayed August 2013
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. To the best of my knowledge, all resources we use do not state a 24-hour pool but if you can get us the name of the site you used, we will address that issue. We have replaced the beds and are reviewing your other comments to help us improve. If you are ever in the area again, please contact us to see the improvements you helped us make.
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way to MI. The hotel was clean and our dog was allowed to stay with no problems. They had plenty of rooms for us even though there was a wedding, a reunion, and a 'big rig truck show' going on. Parking was a bit sparse considering the number of rooms, and the free breakfast leaves a little to be desired. Overall though this was a good, reasonably priced place to stop.

• Stayed August 2013
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with your accommodations. As one of the sponsors of the Big Rig Truck Show we tend to have quite a few quests who drive tractors with trailers the weekend of the Show, so I apologize if it was difficult to find a parking space close to your room. Please don't hesitate to stop by the next time you are in the area!
Corunna, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were traveling with two dogs (very well behaved). We arrived and were given a room ground level . They actually had a area for dogs right off the rooms with garbage cans for the baggies.
The room was very large (with two crates for the dogs they do take up space) . The room was clean and the patio door was stiff to move but worked . We were staying four nights. Every things was great till the last day. We left to go out for the day and when we arrived back at five pm we found our room half cleaned. They had taken out the garbage, left us clean towels, left us coffee ,But the beds were left unmade , coffee pot not cleaned, I don"t think they cleaned the floor
I went down to ask about it and they asked if we had put the do not distrube sign on the door , to which i said no . they could not give me a reason and so my daughter called them and ask for something off the bill as they are to do that part of the service . they took a little off the bill .
I would recommend this place not the resturant that is on sight bad greasy food . Go off down the street lots of places to eat at .

Green Features: Was great to be able to bring your pets with you to a place and have a nice room . No charge here for pets either They do ask to put the plastic and recycleables on the table for them to collect
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. All comments are used to help us in our continuing improvement.
I am glad that you are pleased with our pet accommodations. We take pride in the fact that we are one of the few pet-friendly hotels in the city. As for the issue with certain areas of the room not being attended to, I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping department to assure that a problem like this does not happen again.
Thank you for your patronage, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Eau Claire.
Algoma, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Not a very good place for the price, single queen room was $79 PLUS a room tax of $12 = $91 for a crap hotel. Booked online for a one night stay based on star rating of 2 1/2 stars. I am not sure how they rate 2 1/2 as they only deserve 1 star, may be as high as 1 1/2. Staff where nice, check in was smooth. First room they gave us was dirty with trash all over and bed was a mess from previous guest (we checked in at 7pm so there shouldd have been ample time for maid to make up the room). At least the desk cleck came up right away with room keys for a clean room so we didn't have to go back to the front desk to sort it out. The second room was clean but musty smelling. Floor was wet for about a 3 foot circle where the AC unit was dripping on the carpet. The bed was hard and pillows flat. Bathroom was clean but small with a low low toilet with a broken seat. The tv was about 15 or 20 years old. Hotel bar is also in need of an update. I wanted to leave in the midle of the night but it was not possible with a group. Would not stay here again. Better to pay an extra $20-$40 and stay ANYWHERE else.

• Stayed June 2013
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I am sorry for your less than perfect stay over the weekend. We made a mistake by checking you into a room in which the previous guest had checked out after housekeeping had left for the day. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. The issue with your air conditioning has been brought to the attention of our maintenance department and is being repaired.

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments help to make sure that this does not happen again in the future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I made the bad decision to make a reservation online (for the price) for my sister who is going through some problems. She was to pay cash when she checked in and the problem is that she didn't and so the charges were put to my card without authorization. Yes, I understand that that was on my part - my fault.

However, she was allowed to stay at this horribly managed hotel due to the clerk not verifying the information correctly when she checked in. It is policy for all hotels/motels to check ID and the credit card used to place the reservation to ensure that the names match. If the names on the CC and ID do not match, the person checking in then must present another valid CC or pay deposit with cash. The clerk allowed her to stay here and charged it onto my card without even having the card present. How could the card be present? I live in MN.

I then called to see how and why this happened. I spoke with Carrie who was pleasant and willing to help me. The general manager was not as pleasant, although I explained the correct procedure and took fault for my error, he continued to try and belittle me by saying that I did this to myself.

When I asked how this happened on his end, he replied with, "I don't know. I can't answer that." All I wanted was partial payment back from them due to his employee allowing this fraudulent charge and he simply said, "then who will pay me?" He never once acknowledged that there was a clerical error on his end. He just continued to shove it all back on me even though his employee did not follow the law.

Never stayed here before, but I can say that how cheap this manager comes off on the phone probably says a lot about the quality you are paying for and will get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Its unfortunate that you ran into these circumstances with your sister, but this review does not properly reflect our hotel as a whole. I apologize for the error in communication with the authorization process and if you would like to have a conversation including myself and your family member I would be happy to help as I can. I hope you have a pleasant time the next time you stop through Eau Claire.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not my typical choice for overnight accommodations but decided to try it. Lobby was recently renovated so it seemed nice...offered a discount rate....even better.....then got to my room.
Ewwww!
Very outdated decor and housekeeping isn't detail orientated.
O'Reilly's Pub, attached to the facility, was a nice distraction with a live band and fun patrons.but had to leave hotel for dinner. Went to Green Mill...don't attempt this restaurant if you don't have 2 hours.

Room Tip: "Pool Side" rooms are offered...this means for the outdoor not indoor pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are constantly looking to improve our service and your feedback is much appreciated. I am sorry for your unfortunate experience at the Green Mill restaurant, however they are an off premise restaurant not affiliated with our hotel. Thank you for trying us and we hope you will try us again.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View? Share your experiences!