“Best hotel in the area.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1202 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701   |
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Eau Claire
“Best hotel in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean reasonably priced, and centrally located. Service is friendly and attentive. Amenities are good. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Pool and bar are very good. The free breakfast is adequate. Very good value.

• Stayed July 2013
Katie F, Manager at Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear about your positive experiences! We strive to provide our guests with a pleasant stay, and we hope you come back to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We were first assigned a room in the rectangle portion of the hotel. A looong walk from reception with poor signage. The elevator to this portion smelled and was extremely dirty (my kids said "melted crayons and grandmas basement"). Then there was the looong walk down a dantes inferno hallway (at least 100 stifling degrees) passing door after filthy door. The room itself was dank and sour. Really gross/old bed frame, stained carpets - like a frat house room in look and aroma. After I shuttled husband and kids to the very nice pool I went to the front desk and asked for a different room that "wasn't quite as crappy.". Front desk girl was very accommodating and said that they were going to renovate those rooms (why they let them out as is is beyond me). She gave me a key to another room (in the round "main" part of the hotel). Everyhing changed! Nice and clean and fresh smelling! No weird interior hallway! Air-conditioning! I would stay here again (if Chippewa Falls were sold out of rooms again) but ONLY in the round portion of the hotel! You've been warned;-)

• Stayed July 2013
Katie F, Manager at Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We apologize for the way your visit started out, but are happy to hear that our front desk took care of you and your family. Your comments will help us make sure that mistakes like this do not happen again. It is nice to know that your family enjoyed the pool, and the tower rooms. Please come stay with us again next time you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel had very clean, classy comfortable rooms with nice touches such as upscale-looking chairs, a shaving mirror, and nice classy touches. The hotel restaurant had very good food, the continental breakfast was good, and the staff were very friendly. We stayed here at a very slow time for their business (they're a convention center hotel, and no one is holding conventions on the Fourth of July weekend), so we got a really good deal. However, the value may be less if the price was more normal.

Room Tip: the business tower was very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We're pleased to hear that you appreciated our value and amenities. Thank you for providing us with your feedback, and we would love to have you return for another visit!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times and enjoyed the stay. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The pool area is great for families, kids love it! The staff is friendly. I've also gotten a good nights sleep everytime! Hit up the restaurant, Burgundys for a quick, good, convienent meal.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower are the quietest.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for providing us with your experiences here at The Plaza. We are always happy to hear about how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Old, not well maintained, poor service, disgusting food, exercise equipment doesn't work...I could go on and on... I recently stayed at this hotel for an Elks Conference and this was the Conference Hotel. Our room did have some updated furnishings, however, attention to detail was not a priority. The paint job was sloppy, only one bathroom, and one closet in a two room whirlpool suite. We brought our kids with us, and our son slept on the sofa sleeper, and our daughter slept on a roll-away bed. I specifically asked the hotel, (3 times via 3 separate phone calls), to have the sofa sleeper ready, and the roll-away bed in the room and made up prior to our arrival since it would be late when we checked in. Guess what, it wasn't ready and the front desk staff said, "Don't worry, it won't take long." Totally not acceptable. I also asked that our debit card be pre-authorized for payment for the room charge, and signed and faxed paperwork to the front desk a week in advance. Our debit card was not billed until we checked out, I still had to pull the card out, etc., etc. I wanted simplicity since we were traveling with the children...easy in, and easy out. Simplicity is totally not what I received. The pool and hot tub area, looked great until you actually use it. Again maintenance is an issue. The doors around the hot tub are rusted, old, and generally just disgusting. I would not recommend this DUMP to anyone, and will never stay here again unless Anthony Melchiorri (Hotel Impossible) and Robert Irvine (Restaurant Impossible) come to this hotel and completely fix all the issues. I forgot to mention, while at the Conference, I had the opportunity to eat several meals prepared by this hotel's kitchen staff. I can't even begin to put into words how awful the food was. A chef salad was 3/4 lettuce, a raspberry vinaigrette was more like raspberry ice-cream sauce and the wait staff obviously has never been properly trained. This was not a cheap hotel, I have stayed at much nicer hotels for less money. Oh...and the UW Eau Claire, uses this hotel as "over-flow". Wish I had known this. Our room was in the middle of college "dorm rooms". Can you believe that? Anthony and Robert...this place needs your help.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
West Bend, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Linda and I stayed for one night at the Plaza. There was a wedding reception underway about 50 feet down the hall and we were not disturbed. The beds were comfortable with a great rate. Breakfast was acceptable but not overboard. They offered fresh bananas and the usual scrambled eggs and waffles to heat in the toaster. The coffee was a good blend. We visited the lounge and were well cared for as the only customers. There are many dining options within 5 miles or less.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

To keep this short...room was dirty - carpet had not been vacuumed, found a hair on one of my pillows, a bug in my shower and old crusty oatmeal in my fridge. The matress was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on, made so much noise anytime I moved. They keep the lights on in the hallway, which the only window in the room faces, so if you are hoping to get some good sleep while here don't count on it! My room layout was also very strange, I had no vanity to keep any of my toiletries on. All in all if I ever find myself in a situation where I need to stay in Eau Claire again I will definitely choose a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire? Share your experiences!