“Disappointed in customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1202 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701   |
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Eau Claire
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Disappointed in customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed in this hotel for New Year's Eve. We discovered that are sinks hardware was broken, no water would go down the drain, due to plug that would not go up. We called the front desk informing them off the situation two times. The second time we were informed that someone would be up "right away". We were patient, and we waited, but again no one came. I had to take it upon myself to fix it. It should not be the customers responsibility to do this.. just disappointed.. otherwise breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed December 2012
Katie F, Manager at Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to bring this very important matter to our attention. We strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms in working order. I'm very sorry to hear that maintenance never arrived at your room to fix your sink. We do not believe that any guest should ever have to take care of a situation like this on their own. The head of the maintenance has been alerted to this problem, so that we can ensure that it does not happen again in the future. However, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. If you should decide to come stay with us again, you may contact the Sales Department directly. We will take every measure to make sure that your stay is a pleasant one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Eau Claire WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Seems they went to a liquid coffee concentrate that works in the machines..versus brewed...tastes awful...and weak!!! Complementary breakfast seems to have went downhill in the past two years...the milk is good...but the pastry leaves a lot to be desired

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. I want to happily inform you that we now only serve fresh brewed coffee at The Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with breakfast. I'll pass your comments along to our executive chef. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact the Sales Department. We would be happy to assist you in any future stays at our hotel.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family stayed there this November and really seemed to enjoy themselves. The pool and hot tub facilities were nice, the bartenders were extremely nice and helpful, and the rooms were a nice suite-style set-up with a couch, fridge/snack area, and bed. My one big complaint is that the shower in my parents room has a really nasty squeel. I'm sure this is something that is easily fixable. A very nice place with lots of potential, but does need some more work to bring it up to it's potential. There were rooms that were being renovated while we were there, so it seems like they are well on their way to those improvements :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as part of a church youth gathering. There were about 200 of us there. The hotel was very good at accommodating to our needs and were there to help the whole time. The rooms were average, no complaints. The TVs are nice, new, and HD. The pool area is fairly nice too. It was a little hot for the rooms around the pool but nothing they can control. We just cranked the air conditioning in our room. Good place for a small convention!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are convenient Outside the poolside rooms, the temperature is very hot
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Step back in time!

Needs some renovation and upkeep. Room smells funny. No closet. Smallest bathroom ever. Fridge not working.

I have called the front desk three times this evening to complain about the wifi not working. No one has answered the front desk phone all night. Disturbing.

Breakfast was classic hotel mediocre, but "free."

Room Tip: There's a Hampton Inn across the street...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pocatello, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

In Brief:

$129 after tax for the wrong room, a filthy room at that, & a tiny bathroom.

The Specifics:

I traveled there with two co-workers to visit a supplier. I booked a room three weeks in advance, asked for an upper floor room, was told I would get it. Got there, found out they had moved me to a ground-floor room, but a suite at the same price. OK....

On the plus-side, the TV's were good-sized, there was an in-room jacuzzi (which with an 11:30pm checkin, I wasn't inclined to try), and the counterspace outside the bathroom (counter/sink/mirror) was ample. The breakfast was fairly decent (sausage, french toast, etc., like what is available at Hampton, Best Western, etc.).

Their idea of a suite was to take a regular-sized room and put a wall in the middle to make two rather small rooms. OK.... However, the room was quite disappointing. The carpet was filthy (several medium to large dark, grimy spots in the middle of the floor), there were crumbs all over the couch (which also was rather grimy in appearance), and for two rooms, only one tiny garbage can under the sink. The shower in the pint-sized bathroom was a joke - I only had 19 inches between the wall and the cold wet curtain!! That was interesting (and yes, I measured, since I have a small tape measure in my jeans coinpocket).

In the morning, I found out that the supplier we were there to visit had left a "Wisconsin Cheese Sampler" in the rooms of my cohorts - but I didn't get one (no biggie, but I'm wondering where it went...), and that their rooms were also filthy (especially the carpets) as well, so I was not alone in my observations (they brought it up, to my surprise, and I concurred that my room was also that way).

I debated two or three stars, and the price for the room is what dropped the rating to two stars. For the kind of room, especially in the condition it was, and tiny bathroom, I would expect to pay in the $60-$75 range (and that takes breakfast into account).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful site for a wedding. The staff went way beyond what one could expect. My father-in-law misplaced his wallet, and it was found by a staff member. He was called the next day. The wallet was returned and all was intact. (a considerable amount). I do recommend staying in the tower.Unless things have changed, this appears to be the most updated, comfortable part of the hotel. If you have young children, the poolside rooms are perfect to keep an eye on them. Yes, it can get warm temperature wise, but I just think it's just a very warm place-in the inviting sense!

Room Tip: The Tower Rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Plaza Hotel and Suites Eau Claire? Share your experiences!