“plenty of food, good price, but flavor is lacking.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“plenty of food, good price, but flavor is lacking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stay at the sleep inn every other week while he is here for work. We tend to prefer going here cause it is close. We have had just about everything but breakfast on the menu. The salad bar is confusing one waiteress gives salad bar when the menu says it comes with salad the next time you order the same thing but that waiter gets you your salad. the quesadilla is good, the steak was good, the chicken fried steak is good, meatloaf is alright but lacks flavor and presentation, chicken Alfredo has no taste, the hamburgers were good, the strawberry cream pie is really good, my husband liked the wild rice soup, and I had the potatoes soup that was good. the salad bar is good but has no dressing labels. There is a lack of uniformity example one evening the quasidilla was stacked on the plate and there were 2 of each condiment presented in large cups the next time the quasidilla was fanned and only 1 of each condiment in small cups. now we are not picky so we could careless but most people aren't so patient about new waitresses. the wall decor makes sense but the island in the middle doesn't it might have been a fountain but it collects dust now. I suggest fixing the Booth with loose board. my guess is the recession and economy has had an effect on this place. really what they need is no more canned veggies and Robert Irvine or someone is going to lose a lot of money and a dream.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eric S, General Manager at 29 Pines Family Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for frequenting our restaurant as often as you do. I'm glad you've been happy with the majority of your meals with us.

I understand your confusion with the salad bar but the servers will sometimes give guests the option to make their own salad or just make it for them. They will always make it for you if you'd like them to.

The quesadilla should be served fanned out over the entire plate with 1 salsa and 1 sour cream.

We receive many compliments on our homemade soups and pies. The chef that makes them takes a lot of pride in them and does a great job.

Lastly, please rest assured we don't have a single canned vegetable in the building. All of our vegetables are flash frozen and steamed fresh everyday.

Thank you for your feedback.

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Mother's day buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had a 2oclock reservation. Staff was just fine, but there was not much left on the buffet that wasn't dried up or gone. Flood was cold. Not a very appetizing buffet.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eric S, General Manager at 29 Pines Family Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Charlotte,

I'm sorry that you weren't pleased with your lunch. The food quality should have been the same at the end of the buffet as it was at the beginning. I hope you will give us another chance to make things better.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Great meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Travel to this area almost monthly and stay at adjoining Sleep Inn & Suites. The menu has multiple options. Have had a supper meal here (I usually order for pick-up) almost monthly for 3-4 years. Good food and reasonably priced.

Visited February 2014
Eric S, General Manager at 29 Pines Family Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice words. More often than not people focus on the negative so it's always nice when I'm able to share positive experiences with my staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tracy
“Good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We did not want a big meal so had one of their soups of the day. It was Pork and Potato Stew.
It was excellent with lots of pork in it. The service was excellent also. We will eat their again if we are at the Sleep inn which is connected.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eric S, General Manager at 29 Pines Family Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Tracy

Thank you for the great review! My kitchen staff is very proud of their soup creations as they are all made from scratch recipes. It is always nice to hear the positives from guests.

Thanks again

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Poor service and never got a chance to eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I went there for breakfast, our waitress forgot the sugar for coffee, my wife had to find her and she was in the kitchen talking when she came to the table with the sugar my wife told her that she shouldn't of had to look for her to get sugar, the waitress said something under her breath and I didn't care for it, she then brought out our food my wife told her we have the general managers number and she said she didn't care and for us to call him, she then muttered a few more words and my wife and I had enough and we left , we will never go back again because the service was very poor and pathetic

Eric S, General Manager at 29 Pines Family Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Steve

I'm beside myself reading your review. I can't begin to apologize for the service you received. I would like to get to the bottom of this right away. Could you tell the date and time you were here and if you know the servers name that would help also.