“Cozy and Relaxing Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pickwick Inn

Pickwick Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Troy
Pickwick Inn
2966 Union St., East Troy, WI 53120   |
Ranked #1 of 3 East Troy B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Cozy and Relaxing Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here during the weekend of Lake Geneva's Winterfest. It was a short drive from LG and the town was small and charming. I chose the Pickwick Inn because of its great reviews and overall value of the rooms. The Inn is terrific and Jane and Dave made our first B&B experience one worth repeating! We stayed in the Louisa May Alcott room and it was lovely. The breakfast was amazing and the other guests, who were much more experienced with B&Bs, told us we made a great choice for our first stay. I agree!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stumbled upon the Pickwick while researching Wisconsin B&B's. About once a month my wife and I try to get out of Chicago for a weekend.We're not made of money, and need to keep it within a couple of hours from the city so we gave Pickwick a try. I am glad we did!

If you want to veg out watching HBO from your bed after exploring exciting local recreation options you‘ll be disappointed. But if you are looking for a well kept, easy going small town getaway full of hospitality & big tasty breakfasts, I highly recommend the Pickwick.

We stayed in the Arthur Conan Doyle room for 2 nights and it was both spacious and cozy. The decor was unique and interesting, but not tacky or overboard. All rooms have gas fire places that turn on or off by hitting a switch,ideal for a winter visit. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating. Breakfasts were huge, homemade and delicious. Another big plus: there was a mini fridge in the hallway (happened to be outside our door) packed with Mike's hard & wine coolers, free for the taking.

I'm not sure if it’s the AC vents or thin walls,but a lot of sound carried through the rooms.I really appreciate privacy & peace when I'm trying to escape big city living, so this was a bit of a turn off.

Another thing to note:there is almost nothing to do in East Troy Wisconsin. A few blocks away is "the square”, which has a handful of restaurants, pubs and shops.This plus no TV in the guest rooms, and you could find yourself very bored if you don't plan ahead.There was wi-fi, so we didn't miss TV all that much, and we took a couple of drives to Milwaukee and nearby towns to keep us occupied. Lastly, there was a bucket of old children's bath toys in the bathroom closet, which I found to be a little odd, especially since they claim to not accommodate children.Maybe not a huge deal, but that's why I knocked off a star for cleanliness. Otherwise the room was very clean and well kept.

And did I mention breakfast is huge and delicious?
Overall we had a great stay, and I’ll definitely come back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are rather spacious, Charles Dickens and Louisa May Alcott rooms have whirlpools, t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Pickwick Inn on a Tuesday evening in early January. Even though it was cold outside, it was warm and inviting inside. Jane and David Moyer are wonderful innkeepers. Their home is well appointed, comfortable and fun. We stayed in the Louisa May Alcott room, which is open, sunny and romantic. The fireplace and jacuzzi were a wonderful counterpoint to our chilly walk in the nearby south unit of the Kettle Moraine. Jane's wonderful breakfast included the best blueberry cobbler we've ever eaten.

Room Tip: The main differences between the rooms may be the presence of a hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
N. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

In Wisconsin for other reasons, I took a side trip to E. Troy so that I could see the land my ancestors owned in the 1840s. I love B&Bs, so I decided to stay at the Pickwick Inn. It was the best decision ever! The hostess is gracious and generous, and the food is wonderful. Those blueberry pancakes just can't be beat. She went out of her way to accommodate my food allergy (she really didn't need to) and the room was spotless - and I mean immaculate. And I don't know what kind of mattress I slept on, but it was super comfortable. I loved E. Troy and hope to go back, and if I do, I will most definitely stay at the Pickwick Inn.

Room Tip: The innkeeper recommended a cooler room; she's very helpful so don't hesitate to ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

One of the best B&B breakfasts we've had, served in the spacious screened porch; great owners with interesting stories; fun themes in the rooms; central air; fireplaces in the rooms (we should come back in winter!); fascinating house; nice yard.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pickwick Inn? Share your experiences!