“A Gem in the Middle of Nowhere!” 5 of 5 stars

262-642-7811
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in East Troy
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“A Gem in the Middle of Nowhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We found this restaurant via Trip Advisor and thought we would give it a try for my husband's birthday. From the road, we almost missed it due to a lack of signage. But, I am very glad that we tried it and will return. The interior was an eclectic blend of decor that kept the kids busy checking out the variety. There was a bucket a peanuts ready for shelling (on the floor) which was much appreciated by our 4 & 9 year old. We ordered two appetizers-mozarella sticks and eggplant sticks. The eggplant sticks were a very large portion, so we really only needed one. The kids were delighted to find slushies on the menu and I was delighted with the price of less than $2.

When our meals arrived, I was surprised by such large portions. My husband had the fish fry which was easily a 12 oz. portion. I ordered the surf and turf-again advertised as a 8 oz. filet, but a 12-14 oz. arrived with the lightly breaded scallops. My son ordered chicken strips and loved them, plus there were enough fries for everyone.

Our total bill with a fabulous meal, 4 NA and 4 alcoholic drink, 2 appetizers was less than $75 which was also easy on the wallet for four people celebrating a special occasion. My only wish is that we would have been offered some type of dessert to celebrate the special day.

Lastly, be sure to check out the bathroom-surprisingly beautiful! The tile work was admirable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Troy
“Fun & Friendly Place, Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It may not look too impressive from outside, but a very good place for a good meal and/or cold drink! A full menu that covers a lot, from appetizers to steaks, pizza (very good) to burgers, and of course a great fish fry! Reasonable prices and portions are plentiful! Open 7 days a week.

• Visited October 2012