“All they want is your money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of East Troy Inn & Suites

You added East Troy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
East Troy Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2921 O'Leary Lane, East Troy, WI 53120 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Troy
Georgia
“All they want is your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

This hotel is only in business because it is the only hotel in the area. We booked here because all of the much nicer campgrounds were full. It was so not worth it for over $200 but we needed a place to stay and we were willing to pay it. The gal at the front desk was super-nice when we checked in and I got an overall favorable opinion. The room was dirty with some sort of food under the bed but we were there to have fun and I wasn't going to complain. The problems came at checkout. After I checked in and signed the reservation form, they had scratched through my rate and written in a higher rate. So, when I checked out they tried to charge me the higher rate saying I had signed the form confirming that rate. When I explained to them that I had never been told of a rate change and that the change happened after I signed the form, they got angry with me and said they didn't believe me. Then the front desk person said she could not "lower" the rate without the manager being present. Guess when the manager would be back... after checkout! I went back to my room and immediately called the Country Inn and Suites 1-800 number. The gal at the front desk then called me back saying she would take care of it. Guess what? I have never gotten them to charge the correct amount on my credit card. After unanswered requests to credit back my card I have finally given up. You won, Country Inn and Suites. All I can do is vow to never stay at your hotel or ANY Country Inn and Suites ever again. This hotel is too much of a pain to deal with.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel was terrible. We (husband and I in our '50's) were traveling with Son and Daughter in law (in their 30's) and youngest son (25). We had 3 rooms at $139.00 a piece). Our room was terrible. Stains on the shower curtain - feces on the toilet seat, mirror wasn't cleaned properly and was so cloudy you could barely see yourself. Lots of stains and spots on the walls, ripped curtains, pole lamp that was tilted at a 45 degree angle, stains on all the lampshades, and a loose toilet seat. Called the front desk to have them clean the toilet and mirrow - girl left the mirror wet - and scoffed when I told her to clean the toilet seat. Staff was not friendly. Oh - and no elevator. I have an injured foot and had to walk up stairs to the second floor to where our room was located. As far as I'm concerned, the thing needs to be gutted and re-done. We were booked for 2 nights, because it was close to a family re-union spot. We ended up having to stay the second night because we didn't have time to find another hotel. Son said hot tub was 82 degrees. This is a $70.00 a night hotel - and I think $70.00 is too much. Pass on this one!!!! Oh - and I know it says it allows dogs - but at the front desk there is a sign posted that said No Pets Allowed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

it was a very cold wisconsin sunday -jan 6th .took my wife & 2 kids to lake geniva we chose eastroy country inn &suite because it was close and lawer in price & have indoor swimming pool.our over all experince was excellent,clean warm & friendly infact so friendly that my kids insissted that i write this review

Stayed January 2008
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Garbage was left in the drawer from the previous stay, jacuzzi was cold and dirty, locked out of my room after the jacuzzi incident for a 1/2 hour and the breakfast area had no plates. In addition, I found five spiders crawling around the walls. Not the standard for Country Inn and Suites.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Too many to list
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

We spent the night there on a concert night. BIG mistake. First we get there and the rate we were quoted over the phone two months ago was not the one they could "approve at this time." After some arguing, we get the rate we were quoted. Going into the room, it isn't the correct room. We reserved a whirlpool suite but instead were placed into a regular room at the price of the whirlpool suite. The front desk would do nothing about it. The front desk was not very pleasant at all. It almost seemed we were making her go out of her way to check us in correctly. And she was a manager. To top it all off, the fire alarm went off three times throughout the night due to drunken people coming after the concert and bars. The only thing good was the breakfast and the staff at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2005

We made reservations months in advance, received a confirmation with a rate. Upon arrival, we learned the rate had jumped and not just a little. We explained we had a confirmation along with a quote. The manager responded with "the confirmation reserves the room, not the rate".

I consider myself frequent flyer and hotel user, and found this policy to be a first in a number of different ways. We're coming back to East Troy, but not to the Country Inn.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to East Troy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!