“Immature Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in East Troy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Chef is a C.I.A. - Culinary Institute of America graduate returning to his hometown to serve "great food" to a great community. His passion is providing quality food with exceptional service at wallet friendly prices. Friday fish fry with homemade potato pancakes - best in the area and all you can eat crab legs on Saturday evenings with home smoked BBQ ribs that are to die for!!! Stop in and see us in East Troy, WI!!!
East Troy, Wisconsin
“Immature Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been to the Grist Mill four times. I have not been satisfied on any of my visits. We have had poor, slow and immature staff every time we go. The last time the waitress messed up and assumed my Mom and I wanted to split a breakfast instead of giving us two of the same breakfasts. The breakfast was good for the little we were given but wouldn't you think the waitress would have asked if we wanted to split a breakfast vs just assuming it?

• Visited February 2014

USA
“Average Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found the staff pleasant and our server, Haley, to be very nice and helpful. We both selected the Grandma's Meatloaf and wished she'd have tried something different. Plain and simple, it was just too much and over the top. It all had a good flavor, but over the meatloaf was a marinara sauce and bacon, with a huge pile of fried onion strings on top. Neither of us could finish it.

• Visited April 2014
East Troy, Wisconsin
“nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Really good traditional breakfasts. The staff's service is not smooth….its obvious there is no supervision. The atmosphere is good. The portions are big. Over several visits I've had a consistency problem when ordering from deeper in the menu…its a big menu.

• Visited March 2014
Wisconsin
“Great food, horrible, horrible service, get it to go!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I recently re-tried the Grist Mill at their new location after some bad service at their old location. It is sad that a restaurant with this good of food has such poor continuing service. Every time we are visiting we are constantly interrupting the service staffs social hour and being a smaller restaurant area it is not enjoyable to listen in on their conversations. I really hope at some point the service will be addressed. Until then I would highly recommend them for takeout as I love all of their burgers and ribs. Make sure to double check your order as the service staff regularly makes mistakes, ie wanted a sweet potato somehow got sweet potato fries. If you have the time and patience to dine in restaurant, I recommend the bar as they seem to be more organized and friendly in there. I do look forward to trying their outdoor patio this summer, please don't let that be a strike three for service!!!!

Visited March 2014
East Troy
“Good food, Nice atmosphere, could be better service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have visited a couple of times, and have enjoyed the food. New, interesting selections, and plentiful portions. The interior is nicely done, and lots of space. Service needs improvement, as it seems we are imposing on the server's and their conversations, especially if you are not a regular. Menus are printed in far too small of print, even for someone who doesn't need glasses. Prices are fair to a little on the high side, but food quality is very good.

• Visited January 2014