“Alpine Valley Resort Golf Package” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Valley Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Troy
Alpine Valley Resort
You added Alpine Valley Resort to your Saves list
Alpine Valley Resort, East Troy, WI 53120   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in East Troy
Chicago
“Alpine Valley Resort Golf Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This last September 24+25 ,2012 was the second time we booked a golf package and it was as great an experiance as out August 2009 visit.
We booked a a Monday night 1 night stay and had the place to ourselves.
With the $132 per person golf package you get unlimited golf and a cart on their 27 holes (on your check in day) which were in excellent condition, then you get dinner and breakfast-and another day of unlimited golf.
We had lucked out on our date and there were only 2 other people staying overnight and golfing Monday.
We had the golf course to ourselves and at dinner had the full attention of a waiter and the Chef.
We had a fantastic meal- included in the package- and paid extra for drinks and desert.
The rooms aren't real modern but were clean and ours was very large with a mini fridge
We had the indoor pool and hot tub to ourselves- never saw the other 2 guests.
Breakfast was a feast and included in the package- in the dinning room looking out at the ski hill with the fall colors changing.
Day 2 we golfed till we were worn out. Well worth the package price but check your dates- there's ladys golf day and mens day so the course may be busy on those days.

Room Tip: Monday and Tuesday on a non concert weekend are the night to stay if you want the golf package. C...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Davenport, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Golfing was fine and enjoyable, hanging by the pool no issues. Dining was very good. Package deal is worth the price............BUT out of 8 rooms we had, 2 of the restrooms had issues......unresolved. We all enjoyed the golf weekend wishing all of us would have had a good bathroom to utilize. Could it be updated sure........but it is for golf and sking..........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brookfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The ski part is well organized. The slopes are good for Wisconsin. The hotel and inside bar/restaurants are really old and gross. They really should invest in updating the interior. They have outdoor grilling and seating which is cool on the warmer ski days. This place has potential.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for one night. We had skied all day at grand geneva's mountain top and met up with our family who was spending MLK weekend at Alpine. I loved the fact that you were allowed to keep boots and skis in room and didn't have to return them and get new ones everytime. The hotel is aged but nice. Indoor pool and large hot tub was nice for my daughter to relax in after skiing all day and I was able to sit in the lobby and watch her through the windows and not have to breath in chlorine. Game room was nice and so were the beds. My only complaint is no elevator (but we ended up on 1st floor, just had to walk up 3 to meet others) and the heaters were ancient you were either cold or burning up. I spent most the night turning it on heating up the room to an uncomfortable hot and then turning it off, it would stay warm in the room for about 2 hours maybe. Food areas were great and accessible from 2nd floor of hotel didn't have to walk out side to go eat. If you are looking for ultra fancy this isn't the place. If you are looking for a place to crash after a day of skiing this is the place. Desk staff was great quick check in and got me everything i needed for skiing and dinning. Will return.

Room Tip: Bring warm jammies if coming in the winter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Clean, comfy, and affordable. Bathrooms are a little small. Towels a little rough. But all in all a good place. I was there for a double DMB show, so we didn't spend much time in the room. The location is great, just far away enough from town to not have to deal with tourist traffic.

Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

If you are going to a concert at Alpine Valley, there isnt a better location out there. The hotel accomodations could pass for a motel..but keep in mind, its the location that keeps guests coming back on concert nights. The hotel normally charges 69-89 on a normal day, concert days, the price for a double bed is 204! Priced very high, but in the grand scheme of things, to have a great time at a concert, and not have to worry about the crazy line out of the parking lot, it is very worth it. Its a very short walk across the parking lot to get you into the concert venue. It can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed at this resort when back in 2008 so I knew what I was getting into when I made my reservation in Jan 2009. The resort is old and run down, the food and bar are merely OK - but if you want to ski in this area, this is where you go. What I didn't encounter on my first stay was the horrible customer service provided by the office staff. There was a problem with my reservation and I was overcharged for the deposit. It took 4 days of persistent calls, emails and voicemails to finally speak to the one person who could fix my problem, and she was exceedingly surly. The issue was finally resolved after I spoke directly to the general manager (again after several voicemails). Eventually I had to cancel my reservation do to lack of snow. It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting for my deposit refund. It's not worth the hassle to stay here. The property is very poorly run.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Valley Resort? Share your experiences!