“Ski?...YES Lodge?...NO” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Valley Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Troy
Alpine Valley Resort
You added Alpine Valley Resort to your Saves list
Alpine Valley Resort, East Troy, WI 53120   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in East Troy
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Ski?...YES Lodge?...NO”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The ski part is well organized. The slopes are good for Wisconsin. The hotel and inside bar/restaurants are really old and gross. They really should invest in updating the interior. They have outdoor grilling and seating which is cool on the warmer ski days. This place has potential.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for one night. We had skied all day at grand geneva's mountain top and met up with our family who was spending MLK weekend at Alpine. I loved the fact that you were allowed to keep boots and skis in room and didn't have to return them and get new ones everytime. The hotel is aged but nice. Indoor pool and large hot tub was nice for my daughter to relax in after skiing all day and I was able to sit in the lobby and watch her through the windows and not have to breath in chlorine. Game room was nice and so were the beds. My only complaint is no elevator (but we ended up on 1st floor, just had to walk up 3 to meet others) and the heaters were ancient you were either cold or burning up. I spent most the night turning it on heating up the room to an uncomfortable hot and then turning it off, it would stay warm in the room for about 2 hours maybe. Food areas were great and accessible from 2nd floor of hotel didn't have to walk out side to go eat. If you are looking for ultra fancy this isn't the place. If you are looking for a place to crash after a day of skiing this is the place. Desk staff was great quick check in and got me everything i needed for skiing and dinning. Will return.

Room Tip: Bring warm jammies if coming in the winter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Clean, comfy, and affordable. Bathrooms are a little small. Towels a little rough. But all in all a good place. I was there for a double DMB show, so we didn't spend much time in the room. The location is great, just far away enough from town to not have to deal with tourist traffic.

Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

If you are going to a concert at Alpine Valley, there isnt a better location out there. The hotel accomodations could pass for a motel..but keep in mind, its the location that keeps guests coming back on concert nights. The hotel normally charges 69-89 on a normal day, concert days, the price for a double bed is 204! Priced very high, but in the grand scheme of things, to have a great time at a concert, and not have to worry about the crazy line out of the parking lot, it is very worth it. Its a very short walk across the parking lot to get you into the concert venue. It can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed at this resort when back in 2008 so I knew what I was getting into when I made my reservation in Jan 2009. The resort is old and run down, the food and bar are merely OK - but if you want to ski in this area, this is where you go. What I didn't encounter on my first stay was the horrible customer service provided by the office staff. There was a problem with my reservation and I was overcharged for the deposit. It took 4 days of persistent calls, emails and voicemails to finally speak to the one person who could fix my problem, and she was exceedingly surly. The issue was finally resolved after I spoke directly to the general manager (again after several voicemails). Eventually I had to cancel my reservation do to lack of snow. It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting for my deposit refund. It's not worth the hassle to stay here. The property is very poorly run.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

A beautiful location. A very active environment. The hotel, was not what i expected. It is very outdated and needs major updates. It's definitely overpriced. When i went in to my room, it was missing a desk and other small stuff, but that was fine, because i didn't need it. When i walked into the bathroom, it was disgusting! There was not only a ring around the toilet, it was like it hadn't been cleaned for ages. I called the front desk, but no one answered. I then went there physically. They were very kind and polite and said they would take care of the problem. The responsiblity was handed to one person who handed it to another to another. The person who cleaned the toilet then said there's nothing they could do and needed special chemicals they didn't have. This all while paying $110/night. I said being in good spirits, let it go because they made an effort to correct the situation. Then when i turned on the hot water, there was none. I then went again to the front desk and complained. Then they changed my room. The second room was cleaner and was not missing anything. It also had a clean bathroom, and it only took 5 minutes to get hot water.
Then next day was alot of fun at the resort. We skiid all day long. But I know for a fact I will never stay at this resort again. There are motels and hotels around which charge less and are alot better.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — It was outdated and the room was filthy
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hershey Highway, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

All reviewers can't be right, but all can't be wrong either. If you're looking for 5 star accommodations, look elsewhere. Run down? Not really. Needs a rehab? Absolutely. But don't look for management to dump millions to fix something in their mind that isn't broken. People come because as one reviewer wrote they have been coming here for 18 years. Sometimes tradition supersedes all else. And if you're used to skiing Vermont, Colorado, Utah or anywhere else, the 500 foot vertical drop won't do much for you. Overall it's OK, but barely. You get what you pay for, right?

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Alpine Valley Resort? Share your experiences!