“Clean room, noisy A/C, mediocre breakfast, no rollaway beds?” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Eagle River
tbabbit
“Clean room, noisy A/C, mediocre breakfast, no rollaway beds?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Overall the hotel was clean. My family and I were in Eagle River for a funeral. I called on Friday afternoon to see if I could get a rollaway in the room since our 9 y/o daughter would be coming with us. I was told that the hotel didn't have rollaway beds. I found that odd but life goes on. After getting checked into the hotel and settling in for the remainder of the morning, we had to turn the a/c unit off to manage to get some sleep as it was about the noisiest a/c that I have ever encountered. Breakfast the next morning was average, breakfast burrito was the only "hot" item served and it wasn't hot. You had to microwave it yourself. Breakfast just left me wanting a bit more. All in all, it was an ok stay. Nothing scary wrong and nothing "wow" either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Was only in town one night on business, and found the Best Western to be a solid choice. My room was clean, the hotel appeared well maintained, and given my mid-week, off-season stay, very quit.

Would stay here again if my travels took me this way.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Inver Grove Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed there during a hockey tournament with our 7-year-old grandson. Nice room with comfortable beds. Great pool area for the kids. Breakfast was good. Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

This is a great property. It has recently been renovated and is in great shape. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable. I stay here a number of times throughout the year and always enjoy each visit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

For sure a hotel to add to my 'stay here again' list. Very friendly and helpful staff to greet us at check in and it only got better from there. Entire hotel and rooms were exceptionally clean, with great decorating and very comfortable beds (better than my own.) Great breakfast to send us off in the morning....couldn't ask for more. Nice time in Eagle River, can't wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Wausau, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed here with my wife on vacation up in Eagle River, WI. It was by far the best hotel we have stayed at in a long time. The front desk workers were very nice and polite. The hotel itself is very up to date and has all the ammenities. The room was very nice and had very new looking items. Everything was very clean. We used the hot tub and pool both of which were perfect and relaxing.

I would highly recommend this place if you need to stay anywhere in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Waterford, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This was my first time staying at this hotel and it was beyond my expectations. The folks at the reception desk were warm and friendly and offered great information on the area. The place was clean and quiet and had everything I needed for my stay. I went up there with my bass boat and found no problem in parking or even charging the battery. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Derby Inn? Share your experiences!