“Perfect Place” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Eagle River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
WEST BEND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were in Eagle River for cranberry fest. This Super 8 is located in the heart of the action. We were able to walk to all of the events. The accommodations were very nice. The room was spacious and quiet. The staff went out of their way to assure we had everything we needed. Although we didn't use it due to being too busy, the pool area is open 24hrs which is a rarity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

ron v, Manager at Super 8 Eagle River, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
hope to see you next year. i am glad our location helps you to other events and our pool/hot tub is open 24 hrs to adults for a relaxing night of walking to all the events. thanks for the review.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I read the online reviews and I agree with some things but the stay was enjoyable, the free breakfast had plenty of healthy options, if you're looking for gourmet omlettes or bacon and eggs, stay at a bed and breakfast.
The rooms were clean, the pool was OK, although they do need to scrub the sides...but overall it was the cheapest and close to town. I also had the 'safe' charge on the room bill at the end of the stay but I told the front desk we didn't use it ( which we did not ) and she took it off the bill with no argument. Very nice staff. We were there in the off season so there were no kids and not a lot of people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Park Forest, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

No sauna as stated in the Super 8 web site. They took it out as the brats that stay there (zoo) kept throwing water on the electic element inside the sauna. Complimentary pool table also DOA as the wild brats broke off all the q stick tips. The continental breakfast was the biggest joke. Weak coffee, all items were generic brands. No eggs or biscuits and gravy. No fresh bakery items.The Days Inn, a few blocks down from this Super 8 is much better.

Room Tip: Go to Days Inn down the road in Eagle River
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were looking for a good price on a sunner weekend and the Super 8 with the AARP discount was the best in Eagle river....The room was fine...quiet, window looked out at a big pine tree and off towarn the woods ...nice....we did get extra pillows because the ones in room were really flat..but they gave them to us at no charge and with a smile...the pool & hot tub are open 24 hrs..so a little after 10 went & used the hot tub ...relaxed us so we slept really good...the only draw back was I used the phone to make what I thought was a local call because the cell was charging ...we were charged $1.89 for long distance...not a huge amount but still....also i wish Breakfast had some Yougurt or something...Everything was one form of carbs or another..had cereal just so I could add milk!

Room Tip: don't use the phone if you can help it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family and I stayed here for our early summer vacation this year. The staff was amazingly helpful. They were full of suggestions about places to see in the area, and restaurants to try. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I thought the location was good, close to downtown and easy to find. It was a very good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2011
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I booked a room here because I had to pick up my daughter from camp. I wish that I had the opportunity to cancel, because the hotel is terrible. The front desk was rude, and very unhelpful to every guest that came through. She could not be bothered to answer my, "Hello". She did not greet me, and she curtly asked for my name and credit card.

The room was not clean; there was an apple core in the trash, used washcloths in the shower, and generally unclean.

I really wish that I had taken the time to research better. It was only for one night, and it was the only hotel I knew in the area. Being only for one night, I did not think it would matter, but it is terrible. It fully deserving of its one star rating. I will absolutely never stay here again, nor would I stay at a Super 8 if I could help it.

Also if it matters, there is no elevator.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Eagle River? Share your experiences!