“Some many to pick from, this should be one of the tops on your list!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle Waters Resort Restaurant

Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Eagle River
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Some many to pick from, this should be one of the tops on your list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have been visiting the Eagle River area for the past 36 years and only recently started going to this restaurant. Sad we waited so long, but glad we found a new love! The setting is right out of the glory days of vacationing in the north woods. Something Disney would want to replicate. The lodge consists of a huge dining area, a cozy bar and lounging areas complete with floor to ceiling stone fireplaces and comfy overstuffed furniture. There is also a game room for the kids, an outdoor dining area and outdoor bar surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Many nights during the week, there is live music and a dance floor that is usually packed. The cozy bar serves up everything from the traditional "Whiskey Old Fashioneds", each made from scratch, to the more modern concoctions. Their wine list is impressive, ...really! During peak vacation times you may experience a wait to be seated at a table, maybe as long as an hour, but if you go into it thinking you may have the wait, the end result is a fantastic meal. We stopped in on a Friday night, this past weekend we did indeed have that hour wait. For just the two of us and no children to entertain, it wasn't a problem. The indoor bar wasn't crowded at all so we took our seats and enjoyed people watching and a cocktail! I noticed that some patrons were complaining about their beverages, short pours for wine (a huge goblet, half full, easily 8 oz. really?) and a disappointed Manhattan order that included extra extra sweet vermouth and olive juice (again...??) However, each issue was addressed with an apology and a smile. The customer is indeed ALWAYS right here.
Dinner is an event in itself. The traditional Friday Night Fish Fry is nothing short of legendary in the Wisconsin Northwoods, and Eagle Waters does not disappoint. The huge dining room has tables to fit the biggest of families, up to 18 or so I estimate, to the couple out for a special night. Friday nights you have your choice of a huge buffet including salad bar and soup - everything homemade and fresh, or you can order off of an extensive menu, steaks to pastas. I chose the Shrimp Linguine and my hubby had the Pan Seared Walleye. Both choices were absolutely top notch. Fresh and perfectly done. Dinners also include the soup and salad bar. There are deserts to choose from, but there was no way we could indulge. Instead we walked out to the outdoor area and listened to the live music, even danced our dinner away! Prices are average for the better places in the area, however well worth every cent. The wait staff was very busy, but friendly and prompt. Again, top notch, putting this place on the top of our list. We look forward to visiting again and again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Nice facility”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The facility was nice for our meeting and the banquet food was okay, not great, but adequate and at least edible!

Visited July 2011
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
“charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The restaurant is very cozy and charming. Overstuffed chairs, fireplace, you can play chess, go in an old fashion photo booth, sit at the bar, play air hockey, video games, listen to music, all while you wait for your table. Outside seating for dinner as well. Outside bar too. Good Friday fish buffet, reasonably priced. Drinks are generous.

Visited May 2012
WIsconsin
“Nice bar, bartender and dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Such a nice place to have drinks and dinner. I had canadian pan fried walleye and my husband the ribeye. Both meals were very good, start with a salad bar and we had the wild rice soup as our starter. Twice baked potato was so big that we both took half home with us! Waitress very friendly, bartender Gabe was great. Brunch on Sunday was fantastic. Try the eggs Benedict and biscuits and gravy. Dessert bar was huge, left very satisfied! The building has old timber and northwoods ambiance..very relaxing.

Visited April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“5-STAR all the way!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I came twice in a week: once for Friday Fish-Fry and once for a romantic meal. Fish Fry was over the top and was on par with the best in town. The romantic meal; however, was the very best I've ever had. This is no joke. I ordered the Prime Rib, my date ordered the pan seared walleye. I was hungry and the comical waitress asked if I wanted the "sissy cut or the manly cut." Naturally I opted for the latter and unbeknownst to me I received a 22 ounce prime rib that could not have been any better. It cut like sashimi and was perfect in texture, taste and flavors. My dates walleye was an explosion of flavors with a maple syrup butter dipping sauce that rounded out everything to perfection. The wine was cheap and amazing. Eagle Waters is known for the strongest wine pour in Eagle River and it continues to live to it's claim to fame. I received 15 ounces of wine in a 22 ounce glass. Eating out at competitors restaurants and I feel cheated, and cheated badly, with their standard 4.3 ounce pour.

The environment is definitive northwoods and very comfortable without over blasting you in woods and cliches. It's a perfect blend that gives you a feeling like your at the lodge with friends and gives you no desire to leave. The club chairs are comfortable in front of the roaring and crackling fire.

This place would have to struggle to find something to change to make it better. The pricing is phenomenal when comparing it to big city restaurants. I regularly pay 3x what I paid here for worse food and service.

I will be back and often. This place is a gem. An absolute gem.

• Visited December 2011