“Great place to stay and eat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle River Inn & Resort

Eagle River Inn & Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eagle River
Eagle River Inn & Resort
You added Eagle River Inn & Resort to your Saves list
5260 Highway 70 West, Eagle River, WI 54521   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Eagle River B&B and Inns
Loves Park, Illinois
“Great place to stay and eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I are building a place near Eagle River, and need a place to stay and eat at, while checking on the construction process. We have also stayed here, when just up north with friends and family. The reasons for our liking the Eagle River Inn are, great location (near everything, but not in the middle), beautiful setting (Watersmeet Lake), reasonable rates, clean rooms, great and helpful staff, and a friendly/good restaurant that is also reasonable. The place we're building is very small, so when family or friends come to visit, this will be our overflow destination for them. I would highly recommend this Inn. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Awesome Northern feel.. The view outside our room of the lake was beautiful. I was able to pull my snowmobile right up by the building. The staff was in the process of decorating. I got to see there huge tree when it was all set up and lets just say beautiful! Would defnatly stay here again! Loved the staff as well very outgoing.

Room Tip: Get a lake side room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We came to the Eagle River Inn and Resort for a birthday party. We stayed for the weekend in the hotel. We were really impressed with the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. They went out if their way to make sure we had everything and anything we needed for our stay and also for the party. I would definetly stay there again and would recommend it to others too! The pool was basic, but really nice. Well maintained and very clean.

• Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My dad and I stayed the weekend here and I can't wait to return. Now that Liz and Ron are back, things are starting to look up again. I love where the hotel is located the area in the back is so gorgeous. You can just sit bavk and relax and have a few drinks by a bon fire. I love the up north feeling. The resturant was great, I loved the food! They also have a new 3 season patio off the bar, it looks great! The swimming area is comfortable. Overall the experience is a double thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is missing a great opportunity. Lovely river setting but the place is filthy. My room had stains in the furniture, dirty sock in closet, broken A/C, mold in shower, ripped screen door that was off the track, black stains on pillow case, mismatched sheets, spilled liquid down cupboard, dusty, torn and water stained curtain, spider web and bugs. Found long a black hair in the tub, in the bed, and on the towels. The pool area was dirty and every window in the hotel was smeared with grime. Absolute filthiest place I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013
Frankfort, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Well, where should I start? August 2013 Day 1, Check In, upon arrival we checked in and receive our keys to the room assigned to us. We open the side door of the hotel and the smell about knocks us out, strong smells of mildew and other odors. We walk up the stairs to our room, we enter our room and begin bringing our luggage in as we walk across the tile floor in the kitchen area our shoes stick to the floor as if walking on fly paper. we also experienced the same issues when we went into the bathroom, every step stick, stick, stick. So my wife and daughter and I placed all our luggage in the room and went to one of the local grocery stores for a weeks supplies of food and other items. Our room has a kitchen, (hot plate, sink and refrigerator with a broken toaster) and is also called the Presidential Suite, my wife and I decided to also pick up some cleaning supplies in order to do so cleaning. We purchased window cleaner, bathroom cleaner, a can of Lysol and a couple of other things. We get back to the room and my wife opens the refrigerator to put the eggs and other items that needs to be refrigerated and the whole bottom shelve as well as the bottom vegetable drawers was covered in what looked like brown soda. So my wife had to cleaned the refrigerator before we could place our food in it. We open the drawer where the knives, forks and other cooking utensils were being stored and the silverware was dirty and the drawers were full of crumbs and other things that had been there for quite sometime. We washed the dishes so we would have clean things to cook and eat off of and thought we were ready to settle down for the evening. I went to turn the the sheets on the bed and the bed was full of black body hair, since the hotel is not pet friendly we new what it was. That was the last straw, I called the from desk from my cell phone because the room phone didn't look like something you would want to hold up to your mouth. After speaking with the women who had given me the keys to the room and telling her of my concerns, she quickly showed up at our rooms with clean linens. Before she started to change the sheets, I addressed the other issues showing her the dirty drawers in the kitchen, asking her to walk on the floors, and showing her the other problems. Her first response before even changing the sheets was, I need to go and get the owners so that they themselves can view the condition of the room. She left and after about ten minutes she returned with Liz. We were told that Liz and her husband Ron are the owners, they had taken repossession of the hotel after the last owner could not meet his land contract of payment responsibilities back in May of the year. She showed Liz the condition of the room and Liz appeared honestly upset that the room was presented to us for use in that condition. Her first response was that she would move us down the hall to another room. After checking the room that she thought may be available and finding out that it had already been rented out to another family, Liz and the front desk worker began to clean our room, the bed was stripped and with no comforter on the bed you could see under the bed. There was food under the bed pretzels, and other food items. The front desk person who in my opinion worked like three people was on her hands and knees vacuuming under the bed. Not only did she find food but a bible that had been there for quite some time by the amount of dust that had accumulated of the cover. The front desk women got the room vacuumed and Liz returned with a box of Swifter pads and a mop to do the floors, I helped her more the kitchen chairs and table on to the carpeted area and she mopped the kitchen floor and then went on to mop the bathroom floors. She finished mopping and we place the table and chairs back on the kitchen floor, Liz then went on to assist in the changing of the sheets on our bed and the bed that our nine year old daughter would sleep in. The bathroom was then wiped down and gone over. They finished, apologized and left. The front desk worker had left her clipboard with here room information on the nightstand so my wife suggested that I run it down to her, she had work like a trooper to try and clean the room for us and was also very apologetic about the whole situation that I felt it was the right thing to do. So I ran it down to her and after she thanked me for doing so, I ran into the man that Liz also had come and check our refrigerator because it felt warm. The man expressed himself by telling me that if I didn't like it there that I could take my family and go somewhere else, now mind you that we just drove seven and a half hours to get there, it took Liz and the front desk women almost an hour to clean our room to a point that we felt that we could be comfortable for the six days remaining in our stay there and this guy tells me if I'm not happy to take my family and go somewhere else. The guy turns out to be Ron, Liz's husband and co owner of the Eagle River Inn. I later found this out from the front desk person. Well I was too tired and not going to put my family out any further, nor was he going to run me off by being rude and acting up. So we stayed the remainder of of vacation. Enjoying ourselves away from the hotel, we have been going to Eagle River for sixteen years and know many of the locals and theirs families. A great place with great people! But back to our stay, at the Eagle River Inn. The hot plate that we used to cook our meals on barely worked, the toaster had no crumb tray on the bottom and in order to brown the toast we had to remove the bread and turn it around to brown both sides. The bathtub had mold and mildew growing around the top edges of the tub itself. The mattresses had not been changed in years and were wore out. The night stands next to the beds had not been cleaned or vacuumed behind in months, my daughter dropped her necklace down behind one and I had to pull it out from the wall and was full of dust and cobwebs. Looking out our balcony at the grounds we had a wonderful view of the lake and the grounds, until you look down at the fire pit area and see a half dozen or so empty beer bottles and a white plastic bag of garbage that laid there on the ground for four days. The balcony had wet towels from the previous family that rented the room that remained on the deck while we there and may still be there. Bottom line there are a lot of other facilities the stay at in Eagle River, we chose this one because the pictures of the Inn on there website looked great and and we looking for a room with a kitchenette. So that we could cook our own meals. Bottom line the Eagle River Inn is run down and in dire need of repairs and up keep. We will never recommended this facility to anyone and tell everyone about our experience there, from the conditions to the owner's terrible attitude. The location was perfect but the problems that went along with it isn't worth the aggravation that we experienced. While checking out on our last day we saw Liz and explained to here the other problems that we had found in the room. And suggested that they consider closing down one room at a time and bringing them back up to a presentable condition. Her response was, kind of hard to do during the peak rental season. Anyone that travels and rents a room to stay in regardless if for one night or one month, should have a room that is clean and free of filth. PERIOD! I know that Ron and Liz would not put up with it they rented a room so why should they think anyone else should, and not feel like they should say anything. Bottom line, don't stay at the Eagle River Inn, there are a lot of great places just book early and shop around for a good deal on room prices. We write this review as a family looking to prevent other families from having a bad experience, that is not what a family vacation is all about. God Bless and be well!

Room Tip: Our room was in terrible condition, I have no suggestion as to any of the others.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sawyer, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We very much enjoyed our 4 night stay here.
Other reviewers have panned the carpeting, room furniture, breakfast and other issues, but we were happy. It's right on the confluence of the Eagle River, the Mud River, and the Wisconsin River and the views and grounds couldn't have been better for us. The grounds include a large grassy lawn on probably about 600' of shoreline, with a pond, benches, picnic tables, grills, and fire pits. There are 10 piers from which to fish or swim, and row boats available for $10/half day.
Our room opened onto the lawn, with a wonderful view of the water. We heard loons in the morning and at night, deer walked right across the lawn, ducks swam in the river, and of course there was the fabulous North Woods look of trees growing right down to the water across the river.
I agree with others that the carpet is dingy, the furniture is worn, and the breakfast basic. On the other hand the location is good (just outside the busy-ness of Eagle River), the lobby is just what I like in the North Woods, the staff were the best I've come across in many many travels, and the grounds/view was definitely worth it. Also, we found the owner friendly and funny, not grouchy.
We located other Inns we had considered in the Eagle River area, and were happy to be where we were.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here unless I had a room on the river side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eagle River Inn & Resort? Share your experiences!