“Wonderful Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dodgeville
Caledonia, MI
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

Made reservation online - no problem.
Large, clean room - exceptional staff - decent continental breakfast - reasonable rates. I would recommend this lodging choice to anyone.

• Liked — Clean, reasonably priced room.
  • Disliked — Too much bromine/chlorine in whirlpool.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lake Mills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This place was simply awesome. We booked a romantic weekend in a whilrpool room and were very impressed with the amount of space and the homey feel our room had. From the time we arrived, the staff was so nice, always attending to our needs with a smile. Our room was huge and we could have probably fit another whole bed in the bathroom. We have stayed in other whirlpool rooms before, but were really impressed by this one. The whirlpool was in the bedroom area and filled fast, so we could enjoy it whenever we wanted, unlike some other places we had stayed where we had to wait all night for the tub to fill. Besides the whirlpool bath, we had a full bath and shower in the bathroom and plenty of closet space. We came to town to attend a show at the American Player's Theater and only booked the weekend. We almost wish we would have had more time. We didn't even have time to check out the pool or the workout area. And there was a great lobby area with a fireplace. The breakfast was also very good and offered a wide variety of choices for both of us.Overall we were very impressed with everything and will defintely try staying here again in the future. With all the little extras - artwork, microwave and refrigerator and wreaths that decorated the walls, it truly was a home away from home. Thanks for rmaking our romantic weekend away so special.

• Liked — homey oversized rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We arrived here after being mishandled by a hotel/waterpark nearby (rude, inconsiderate). Here, the front desk not only accepted a coupon-book coupon, but suggested and allowed us to use, another discount we were totally unaware of! They were always helpful and managed the place to live up to it's name (QUIET!!), They have a very nice indor/outdoor pool and we swam OUTSIDE, through the pool-passage, during a very cold, snowy evening -very unusual experience and fun! (We made snow-angels while in our bathing suits!!) Room was average but totally acceptable. They had make-your-own waffles, made in flip-over irons, and a nice breakfast overall. We stayed an extra night(!), three nights total. The people and atmosphere here totally reflect the local ambiance, instead of trying to be like downtown.

• Liked — The owners and staff
  • Stayed December 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

The room was clean, charming and big. It had a couch and several comfortable chairs, in addition to the bed. We had a king size bed room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was average size, nothing special.
Standard continental breakfast in the lobby. Everything was fine. The pool was great. You can swim back and forth between indoors and outdoors. I've never seen that before. The jacuzzi was too small and too hot. It seemed to be scalding hot. In fact, my wife's legs were very red (red like burn marks) where they had been in the jacuzzi water for about 45 seconds. But forget the jacuzzi. Who needs it? The heated pool was the perfect temperature and lots of fun.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

This was a very nice hotel. The front desk was great at night. The views were excellent. There are many good restaurants nearby. I stayed at a log suites, which was very good. In the morning, for breakfast, which was the best, the staff let me take it to my room, which is not common for hotels these days. According to the staff anyone can take the breakfast up to there rooms. I'm surprised of all the bad reviews but I had a great stay. The suite was very clean, had a microwave, and a refrigerator. The pool was great! They had a swim through pool. You can go from the inside to the outside/ My kids really loved it! I hope to come back to this hotel, and I would definitely recommend it!

• Liked — The staff, clean rooms, awesome rooms!
  • Disliked — Nothing really!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

There must be better choices for a hotel if we return to Dodgeville (and will seek them out for sure.) The place is quiet, but the breakfast is as mentioned in another review a true waste of time. The rooms are badly in need of updating.

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

Upon arrival I had to use my cell phone to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk even though I was pressing the buzzer. Not a good start. I had booked online and quoted a AAA price of around $85. The guy at the front desk asked if I was in town on business (I was) and so he lowered the price to $69. Getting better. The guy then said that I was in a smoking room, which I had not ordered. He went on to tell me that I had made a mistake and ordered a smoking room and told me how to properly reserve a room. I checked the email confirmation from Best Western later in the day, it showed a non-smoking room had been ordered. So now I don’t have the King size bed as they’re sold-out in non-smoking rooms. Back to getting worse. The breakfast is terrible, the selection of cereals include Trix, Cinnamon something-or-other and Lucky Charms, all sugar cereals. Even the yogurt is Trix brand. The fresh fruit is mealy apples, I saw a banana one day but it was brown and I haven’t seen any since. Lastly the wireless Internet connection is worthless. You can connect to it but little or no data is received. If you have sugar eating kids and not on business this place may work for you (assuming they have the reservation correct) but if you’re in town for business stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Quiet House & Suites? Share your experiences!