“Unique” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dodgeville
Denver
“Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Quiet House theme rooms are a respite during my business travels. It is like being on a vacation while I'm working. The desk staff is welcoming and accomodating. When I get to my unique room, I don't want to leave. My favorite haven is the room that looks like a log cabin inside with its tasteful decorations and large comfy four poster bed. I stay here every time I work with schools in the area!

Room Tip: Try a theme room if you are a frequent traveler.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wow, what a disappointment.

My wife and I have stayed here on several occasions,and every time we've had issues.

This last trip was the last straw. We arrived at two o'clock to check in. There were garbage bags strewn all over the entranxe because the person front desk apparently they are also tasked with cleaning the entrance and lobby.

We had a coupon for a free night stay because of the poor service from last year.Apparently, the front staff hasn't been trained on how to use the system because he spent the entire time complaining about trying to enter a two-day visit with two different paymwnt methods - a coupon and a credit card.

We attempted to go for a swim at 7pm. Although the pool closed at 10pm according to the signs, the pool room was locked. I went to the front desk and had to wait for the desk manager to finish texting her boyfriend before she could be encouraged to actually find the key and open the door. Nevermind that half of the pool cover was still on the pool, we had to deal with that ourselves!

Breakfast this morning was advertised with fresh bakery delivered daily, hard boiled eggs, Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, and sauge links.None of that existed. When we pointed this out to the guy behind the front desk, the snarky reply was that despite all promises, breakfast was complimentary. My wife pressed a bit harder and took the "menu' from the room and asked for an explination. The answer was that they were out and we would have to talk to the manager tommorrow.

Other notables:
+ the room hadn't been vacumed
+ the bathroom smellwd like a locker room
+ the matress was well past it's prime
+ my sister stayong at the hotel at the same time had to switch to a second room because hers was too dirty

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very true to its name. Warm greeting at the front desk and always helpful. "Theme" or period rooms are cool, but I could see how some think it is tacky. I had no problem with the cleanliness of the room, but the bathroom is pretty small and basic. The pool and hot tub was awesome.. Just a great old school feeling and the only place outside the Dells where you can find an indoor/outdoor slash outdoor pool. Kinda a throw back, but if you have a good attitude a fun place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Small Town USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is in a good location. I had a spacious and clean room with a comfortable bed. The complimentary breakfast included protein food which can be a deal breaker for me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
chicago, il
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed only 1 night. True to it's name for being quiet despite location right on the highway. Worst part was spider webs in the bathroom and lack of cleanliness. Obviously the maids just do a once-over but entire property is just not kept up. They also need new mattresses. Woke up with bad backache. Communicated above while we were there and when checking out but was met with SILENCE - unbelievable.

Room Tip: Skip this location.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I received a friendly greeting at the front-desk and quickly had checked into the over-sized king room. The rustic/Americana/Nature/Duck/Woods themed hotel is clean and pleasing. Not your run-of-the mill, standardized product where you do not know if you are in brand X or Y. I was very impressed when I was offered a motorcycle rain cover for my bike when the weather report indicated inclement weather for the night. The room has king-bed, sofa, dining table, couch table, two comfy chairs, an ottoman, large TV, fridge with freezer compartment and microwave. Clean and modern bath. Breakfast is served in a themed room. Eventhough I frown about styrofoam service, the pleasantly arranged and well organized buffet makes up for it. There is an indoor/outdoor pool and jacuzze - which I did not take advantage of. Quiet nights, no noise interuptions. I left though with one small disappointment. when I reviewed my bill, I noticed a $3 "service charge" for each night. My question was answered with "our vendors are charging us service fees, so now we charge our guests too - instead of raising hotel rates". I guess hotel bills are heading the way of airline tickets and telephone bills.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Quiet House & Suites? Share your experiences!