“awful service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dodgeville
wisconsin
“awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

The night clerk was horrible and rude,pillows real flat and cheap,breakfast is just pure sugar loaded junk.Asked for a plastic fork at the front desk and they said it was only for breakfast crowd,EXCUSE MEEE BUT I WAS A DARN CUSTOMER!!STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southern Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Our beds were comfy, towels were plentiful, and service was very nice. Although I know there were quite a few guests (parking lot was full) the noise level was incredibly low. Staff recommended good eating and were very helpful. The only negative I have is that the chain lock on our door was broken which cause me some concern. Very nice stay and will likely stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Clean and quiet. Nice hot tub. Only complaint is the beds and pillows were uncomfortable. The bed was poorly made, fitted sheet off the corner of the mattres etc. But for a super 8, a decent place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
iowa city, ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel 1 night. The hotel is easy to find, with 1 restaurant right next door. The hotel looks nice from the outside. The desk clerk said the hotel was over 20yrs old. Nice front desk and breakfast area. The front desk clerk was very nice and we were in our room in a matter of 1 minute. Our room (116) was very nice and clean. 2 twin beds with a desk and a small table.
The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small, but everything worked great.
The room has a microwave and small refrigerator. A Wall mounted thermostat controlled the air conditioner perfectly, with the fan running constantly. Not an up and down noise of some a/c-heater units. I forgot my ear plugs and was worried about hall and door noise. It really was not too bad, for being so close to the front desk area. However, the doors do not have an assisted closer, so if people are not aware, the doors will slam and bother others. But I lucked out and was not too bothered by slamming doors. We had our laptop and had perfect wi-fi connection from our room. I did notice they had a computer terminal and printer at the front desk area. I did not have a chance to use it. The hotel has a hot tub area that looks nice, but I did not check it out. I believe I saw that they had laundry facilites. The breakfast was ok. The fanciest part would be the waffle maker. But it was sufficient. Check out was easy and fast. The price was right for our stay. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Shawnee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

This place was excellent. Very clean and nice people. They were Americans for a change. Bed very comfortable. Highly recommended. We stayed 2 nights, great breakfast bar to.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Des Moines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

I'm never really picky about where I sleep. I stayed a total of 4 different days here. There is no "free wireless internet" in any room beyond room 122/222. On two visits I was stuck in room 130 at the far end of the building. Twice I requested to be moved because of this issue.

On one visit I was about to be stuck in room 230. I pressed them to be moved, and they offered to move me to a room with a king bed for a higher rate. I balked and they stuck me in room 222 with a whopping 1mbps wireless connection. It was almost better than nothing.

On two ocassions the bed sheets had not been changed. The beds were made, but the sheets were used. You can tell when they've been sweated on. I slept on top of the bedspread.

Don't get me wrong, I stay at a lot of Super 8s. Many are nice. Yet there are many that claim to offer free internet, but you have to be early to check in to get the rooms closer to the wireless signal. Not changing the sheets is unacceptible. Definitely not worth the price they charge.

• Liked — The towels are clean and they have soap and shampoo.
  • Disliked — Dirty sheets and no internet access in some rooms. Buy a bar of soap and shampoo, stay at a cheapo and save a bundle.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Motel Dodgeville? Share your experiences!