“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Delavan B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

I arrived on a rainy day and when I was greated at the door, I thought I was stepping back in time. The mansion was like a movie set, something I had never experienced before. The furnishings were absolutely fantastic. The staircase up to the second and third floors was breathtaking. We stayed in the Empire Room and loved it. Wine and cheese was served in the early evening with guests mingling with the host (Ron). In the morning we awoke to the smell of breakfast, fresh muffins being baked, and I thought I was at Granma's house (I mean that as a compliment), though my Granma never had a house this grand, I could only image what it was like in the late 1800's waking up in such a fine home. Complete restoration was done on this mansion and it was a labor of love done by the Hosts. I highly recommend the Allyn Mansion, the place is wonderful, the hosts are very accomodating (they didn't mind if you came into the kitchen in the morning to talk with them while they cooked), they food was excellent. I have sent many a family and friend to stay here.

• Stayed August 2004

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2003

I would give the place an excellent - but nobody is perfect. Our room was lovely, cozy, quiet and couldn't be cleaner. A lovely fireplace within sight of the whirlpool and even with a double jacuzzi in every suite, there was plenty of hot water. Most of the lights are even on a dimmer switch!It's a quick drive to the lake, but with all the amenities of the suite you may not want to go out!Wait! Why am I telling you all this? I don't want the place to get so popular I can't get a room!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
Lake Lawn Resort
Inns Of Geneva National
Inns Of Geneva National
#6 of 15 in Lake Geneva
4.5 of 5 stars 44 reviews

Been to Allyn Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Allyn Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Address: 511 East Walworth Ave., Delavan, WI 53115 (Formerly Allyn Mansion Inn)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Delavan
Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Delavan
Enjoy a complimentary onsite massage with every stay at the luxury Allyn Mansion Bed and Breakfast, just minutes outside downtown Lake Geneva. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Allyn Mansion Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Allyn Mansion Bed & Breakfast, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.