“BEST HORSE SHOW I EVER SAW!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Attractions in Delavan
Type: Dinner Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Enjoy a day full of experience at Wisconsin’s own Dancing Horses, Animal Gardens. You day begins with The Dancing Horses Theatre presentation of an enchanting NEW performance that is unparalleled anywhere else. From the moment the show opens until the finale, the audiences of all ages sit spellbound, applauding each equine performer and trainer, exclaiming in wonder, chuckling at the humor and even wiping the occasional tear when a moment of connection touches a heartstring. Get up close with the trainers with our newest park feature: the Backstage Tour. During the tour, you are given a demonstration about liberty-style horse training and then you will be invited into the stables to meet the equine performers. Next, as you exit The Dancing Horses Theatre, you enter the 30-minute Exotic Bird Show which follows. Meeting our Exotic Birds is a delightful treat. This performance features several different species of exotic birds that will amaze you with their incredible abilities and antics. Your experience continues with more, a visit to the Baby Animal Barn. The Baby Animal Barn is filled with both domestic and exotic baby animals that children can hold and feed. Our staff is there to answer any questions you may have about our baby animals. In close proximity is an outside petting zoo and several charming rides children will enjoy.You can then take a walk or ride through our Wildlife Exhibit, a natural-setting zoo where you can see animals, many of which are indigenous to Wisconsin. The exhibit culminates in the Deer Park where you can pet and feed white tail deer. You can experience a tractor-pulled wagon ride though the park, where larger animals are available for viewing. You won’t want to miss the train ride though our Indian Village; complete with teepees, Native American art, and oral history lesson about the area’s indigenous people.With the two stunning performances, The Dancing Horses and the Exotic Bird Show, and our animal attractions, this will be a day you will not soon forget and will want to share with everyone.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cary, IL
“BEST HORSE SHOW I EVER SAW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Dancing Horses show has it all! I laughed. I cried. I felt shock and awe as we watched those powerful horses and riders present such a thrilling program. The whole audience was up close, and what a thrill it was to see the magnificent Arabians at arm's length away from us. This show is an easy 10! We'll keep going every year! Margie

Visited January 2013

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“The show was excellent but the customer service was terrible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I own and have ridden horses for 20 years-- these horses are very well maintained and appear to be humanely trained and their performances and level of training are very impressive. Some people complained about the few minutes of downtime between acts, but that time is necessary for them to get the next horses tacked and for the performers to change their clothes-- I didn't think it was a biggie. The main trainer is excellent-- at one point she controlled 6 horses by voice alone and she clearly takes great pride in what she does. There is a mildew smell in the arena, but I think that is from the water attraction hidden under the stage-- with that said, I could have done without the dancing water act-- there has to be something better for that time slot. The music was good but the graphics on the big screen were just ok. My only real complaint was the owner's daughter-- she took our tickets and was absolutely RUDE. I intended on writing to inform the owners that the person working the front desk was a poor representative for their company, and then I found out she is the daughter of the people who own it. They would do their business some good if the person behind the counter SMILED, actually looked at people and thanked people for coming. We are supporting your business for goodness sake. Sheesh.

Visited January 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I took my 9 year old daughter, 10 year old son and husband to this show. It was much more than I expected. It was a beautiful performance by the horses, and ponies. We ordered the lunch which was very good and very filling. After the show was a bird show which was equally as impressive and entertaining. We were able to go on the back stage tour where we learned more about the training and were able to meet the horses and pet them up close. The animals are very obviously well cared for and the establishment is very clean on the inside considering it is a farm. We will most definitely return and can think of many of our friends that will enjoy it as much as we did.

Janesville, Wisconsin
“Best show I have seen in a while”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wonderful place to go to with the family to watch amazing animals perform. The horses are beautiful and such a joy to watch. It was amazing to see how well the horses were trained and how well the riders and trainers did with them. I have showed horses for years and can appreciate how hard and how much time it takes to train these horses. I went during the winter and saw the Christmas show and loved it. If you go during the winter, make sure to dress a little warm because they can't keep it extremely warm for the horses. Which I didn't mind because I would rather be closer to the horses during the show than somewhere not as close where it is heated. There is some down time between acts but it usually isn't more than a minute and they need that time to get the next horse ready after the previous one has came out because they can only keep one act in the shoot at a time. There was also a bird show that you could go to. That show was also good and I enjoyed watching the way the lady interacted with the birds. I also really enjoyed that they gave the option for you to go backstage afterwards. They let you ask the trainer questions, which I think is a good idea for people who don't know a lot about horses. You also get to go meet all the horses in the barn that performed in the show. The lady then tells you a little information about each horse and when it performed in the show. I would say it is an all-day event, depending on where you are driving from. Overall, I highly recommend this attraction and plan on coming back in the summer!

Franksville, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
“Love of Horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is well worth the drive. The horses are beautiful the show is entertaining and you appreciate all the time and effort put into the training and care of these beautiful creatures. I was humbled by the performance of the 6 horses working together with no guidelines just wild and free and still doing their job. Being around horses all my life I truly appreciate the discipline and the hours of training involved. A great story about a woman's love for her horse and then his offspring. With just losing my horse this past summer this performance touched me and helped me to open my heart to the possibility of getting another horse in spring. I loved the backstage pass and being able to have hands on and love up the horses. My friend loves birds and the exotic bird show was an entertaining attraction also. Will be back especially when the petting Zoo opens. This facility has a rescue mission for kittens also and all their efforts are truly a worthy cause to support. I highly recommend this family safe and fun attraction.