“New motel but dirty carpets and unkempt staff” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Delavan
“New motel but dirty carpets and unkempt staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent a week in Comfort Suites for a conference in town. The motel seems new - less than five years old but the hallway carpets were already stained and stains on the couch and bench in the room. I had to agree to pay $1.50 for each stain in my room, but the staff noted the old stains in my room on the first day. The staff wore wrinkled and dirty shirts, and their hair was always messed up - when I asked for help, it was hard for me to believe them - because of their appearance. I would understand that if it was an old motel, but I had to pay $130 per night to stay in a fairly new motel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I made reservations for this hotel because we had tickets to a concert nearby. First of all, rates were overly inflated due to the concert ($238), but all hotels in the area were booked. Our room was not the cleanest. The bathroom was dirty, the toilet was not clean, and part of the tile was laying on the floor. There was a mildew like smell in the room, and some laminate flooring was warped and was not attached. The ice machine on our floor was broken, which we discovered in the morning. I went down to the front desk, and was told to go into the pantry behind the breakfast area and obtain ice there. This was in the area where food was being prepared....nobody took me in there or got ice for me. I thought this was highly unusual. By the way, the ice scoop was laying inside on top of the ice,which is against health code. Also, there was an earwig bug crawling on the bed when we woke up in the morning. To top things off, the hotel staff was completely unprepared for the number of guests for breakfast. We arrived downstairs to eat more than an hour before the end, and there was no food. We ended up driving to a local Perkins, and paying for our breakfast. Not worth the inflated rates, and I would never return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I had to travel to Wisconsin last minute and was having a hard time finding a reasonably priced hotel that was also nice. I found this comfort suites last minute. The lady Amara at the front desk was so nice and willing to work with me during my stay. Overall this was probably one of the greatest hotel stays I've had. =)

• Stayed May 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least once a week for the last few months. Upon walking in the door I am greeted by name and check in is always fast and efficient. The rooms are large and newly renovated with beautiful hardwood flooring and new carpet and are always clean and inviting. The staff always makes sure I have everything I need and it's never a hesitation if I need something extra, it's always brought to my room quickly. The ladies at the desk always have smiles on their faces and go above and beyond to help me and any guest that may have a problem, question or even simple directions to a local restaurant. The breakfast attendants are constantly filling any food items that may be empty or running low and they work hard to make sure all the food is hot and fresh. I travel for work on a weekly basis and have stayed at many hotels over the years but this Comfort Suites takes the cake for one of the best places I have stayed in a long time, whenever I am in the area and have to stay overnight I always choose this hotel, I feel like it's my "home away from home" and the staff definitely makes me feel like a part of the family. All in all this is my favorite place to stay in the area and everyone here does a great job day in and day out. Thank you to the all the staff at the Comfort Suites in Delavan!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Delavan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I wanted to say this place was wonderful! Customer service was great! I travel all over US for pipeline work and I normally have a pet along w me but he had just passed away! I thought about a new bulldog puppy and decided to get him problem was no pets here. Well management talked with me and decided to let him stay well let's just say the girls at desk came got him made treats for him babysat him and was just wonderful people ! Treated me like family through the holidays and even brought me soup one night I was sick with the flu! The rooms are nice clean and anything we needed they took care of us! I stayed for several months there when other places were actually closer for me , but due to the way they treated us me and RUSTY and all the other guys on the pipeline we all stay here! Great place great management, great rates for extended stay guests, great girls at desk! All around good place to stay right off interstate !

Room Tip: Suites are nice and roomy ! Not far from any places to eat
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Westfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

my thanks to all the staff we had a great room vary comfortable & clean love the hot tub we stayed over new years the employees were vary friendly and helpfull check in and check out was a breese any time in delavan this is my stop its close to restaurants and stores

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fennimore, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed here many times and there are several reasons. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and always spotless. The hotel lobby is always immaculate and around a holiday, the staff does a fantastic job in decorating. Halloween and Christmas were especially well done. When staying away from home on business, it has always been great to walk in and be treated to such a warm atmosphere. Finally the staff has never failed when I book a room by phone or just walk in, to be warm, welcoming and professional. Check-in has always been a breeze and the staff behind the counter go above and beyond to make sure that my staying there is appreciated. This the only place within 75 miles that I will stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Delavan? Share your experiences!