“Wedding anniversary trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Save Saved
You added Lake Lawn Resort to your Saves list
Lake Lawn Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 East Geneva Street, Off Highway 50, Delavan, WI 53115   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Hot Deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Delavan
Chicago, Illinois
“Wedding anniversary trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I have come here the past 2 years for our anniversary. We LOVE it. The renovations are outstanding. They gave us our same room both years per our request. Wonderful views, relaxing atmosphere. We love it! :) The only two things I can say could be a bit better are the food and the spa services. The food isn't bad by any means but it isn't great. And the spa itself is gorgeous. But I went in for a quick manicure and didn't feel like I really left with anything different. The polish was kind of all over my fingertips and the filing wasn't great. The girl who did my manicure was extremely sweet, but when I go to a spa that is a little pricier, I expect an amazing manicure. I live in Chicago and get cheaper manicures every 2 weeks and they are much much better. I realize this isn't Chicago but Delavan... But if I'm paying more than I expect at least a comparable outcome!
All in all, we love this place and definitely recommend it!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Beautiful resort, nice people, good food, and a challenging golf course. Fun 2 days. We will go back again! Next time we would stay longer, and enjoy more of the facilities like the beach area and the outside pool and bars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Monon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I attended a business conference at the facility. The resort more than accommodated our event. The rooms and meeting areas were clean and well organized. The breakfast, lunch and dinners were well prepared. A highlight of the resort was a delicious dinner on the lawn overlooking the lake at sunset. The resort also has areas to relax, entertain, or conduct business outside the conference agendas. Two thumbs up from me. I would recommend for future events.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We planned a very last minute trip to Lake Lawn this past weekend. As usual, the resort was great. We had a blast in the pool where my son mastered his CannonBall, we played mini-golf and enjoyed the game room. We had the prime rib buffet on Sat night that my husband really enjoyed. Since Lake Geneva is so close we went into town for a few hours on Sunday then came back and hit the pool for more fun. Sunday night we hung out in our room and relaxed and watched football - it was the perfect weekend to have uninterrupted family time. My only regret is that I didn't make time for the spa...maybe next trip.

Room Tip: Our room was a corner, lakefront room so it had 2 patios. Once facing the lake and the other facing...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Scheduled at Lake Lawn for a 3 day business conference, and didn't expect much. In short, I was wrong. New owners have saved this place, the renovations are great but the property still retains that old 50's-60's feel...which is good. Rooms real comfortable, rocking chairs with lake views on each private patio. Woke up to fog and the outline of a lone fisherman in a boat just off shore, truly a magical place. Every single staff member I talked with was grade A in customer service. Food also great. I only live 30 miles away, but felt like I was deep in the woods, days away from home. Plus, they burn campfires by the lake all night, simply wonderful. This was a business conference, but I'll be back here with my family for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for room with lake view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Another great stay! Beautiful environment with a friendly staff to help with all your needs. We especially enjoyed the rocking chairs on our private balcony overlooking the pool and lake. Nice paths edging the lakefront and great marina for the boat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Palatine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was just 5 or 6 in the mid 1950s when I first experienced Lake Lawn Lodge with my parents and it was a magical place. We were fortunate to spend several weekends a year there with comfy rooms, a giant (to a 5 year old) indoor pool, in a distinctive American Indian/Old West theme and, in the days before political correctness, with the waitresses dressed like squaws complete with feathered head bands and a mascot, as I recall, named Bucky Brave. The quality of the resort declined steadily after the 70s and eventually closed for a period of time maybe 5 or so years ago. So much for the past. After reading every TA review my brother and I decided to give Lake Lawn Resort another try to celebrate our mother's 86th birthday in a nostalgic place and we could not have been more pleased!! We booked a Luxury Lodge King Loft Suite for my Mom and brother. My Mom had a private bedroom with a spa bathtub. There was another full bath in the hall with spa shower with 8 sprays. The loft that my brother used had 2 twin beds and a bath with shower. The decor is very 'north woods', if you love paneling this is the right place. There was also a kitchenette minimally equiped. Bar seating to the kitchen, a 4 seat dining/game table, leather comfy couch/sofa bed, and 2 large chairs, a fireplace with flatscreen TV above. Flat screens in BR and loft as well. There were 4 large rockers on the balcony that offered a side view to the lake. The room was spotless as was the entire resort. My husband and I booked a Luxury Lodge King Room and were upgraded to a room identical to the suite but with out the loft directly below the suite. Very convenient for coming and going out together. We checked in at 3 on Friday and explored the massive property. You better like to walk but the entire resort is connected by indoor windowed hallways, in the winter you never have to be outside. The entire resort, inside and out was beautifully decorated for fall, mums, pumpkins, corn stalks etc. There are many little nooks with big comfortable rustic furniture to rest, read or visit. In an age where customer care is going out the window, their numerous employees not once failed to say good day, offer assistance or information in such friendly, genuine way. We ate off property Friday night. Saturday morning we chose their breakfast buffet for 14.95, over the ala carte selections. The food was wonderful!! Juice and coffee orders were taken by the server. The first station offered a full selection of fruits (huge juicy blackberries a highlight), breads, pastries and rolls, cold and hot cereals. There was a station with a gentleman making made to order omelets (including just egg whites) with more than a dozen different ingredients you could add. It was delicious! Another station had sausage links, bacon done to perfection, nothing raw or burnt, potatoes, scrambled eggs, french toast, waffles, and I may be missing something. All the hot food was actually hot! And everything was terrific. Our server Judy was so friendly and attentive and the bus boys as well despite a fairly busy dining room. Not once did we have to ask for coffee or tea refills. We left stuffed and ready for a walk along the beautiful lake shore on a picture perfect crisp fall day. Coming back towards the lodge we discovered people having boxed lunches around the firepit right next to the lake. As we went up the path to go back inside we discovered a live calypso type band playing outside by the outdoor pool with people eating at umbrella tables from the sports bar menu. We used the indoor pool and hottub for a couple hours in the afternoon. We again had dinner off property and regretfully checked out at 10 on Sunday morning. What would we do differently next time (and there definitely will be a next time)? We would stay on property for the evenings. We missed a complimentary wine and cheese reception Friday night, a hayride, a lake cruise tour, a bonfire. Lots of activities that sounded like fun. Our only misgivings about the resort from the reviews was the food. The quality of our breakfast, I think put that issue to rest. My ONLY very nitpicky negatives were the beds were a little too soft and the pool could have been just a bit warmer. We are back in love with Lake Lawn. Whoever owns it now has obviously put a huge amount of money into physical improvements and staff hiring and training. Lake Lawn is better than ever! Welcome back, we missed you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!