“Nice Winter Stay - Can't wait for summer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Save Saved
You added Lake Lawn Resort to your Saves list
Lake Lawn Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 East Geneva Street, Off Highway 50, Delavan, WI 53115   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Delavan
“Nice Winter Stay - Can't wait for summer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a very nice stay in the newer building of the resort. Beautiful loft bedroom and quite a value for the groupon deal. Only downside of that building is that it is not part of the indoor walkway, which is extremely convenient and a big plus during the winter, as we wanted to use the fitness room, pool and get food and drink without shlepping through the snow. The amenities are very nice and the setting on the lake is gorgeous. There is plenty to do in the winter with skiing nearby, but summer has twice as many recreational choices, and all of them are on site. The Frontier restaurant is a very nice setting right on the lake, but they need to step it up a notch in quality, menu, beer and wine selection and service if they want to keep the dollars on the property. We spent our real dinner money over at the Grand Geneva. In my opinion, Grand Geneva is the better property in the winter, but this property is better in the summer, except for the food.

Room Tip: if you go in the winter, make sure your building is connected via the indoor walkway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Mokena, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I made our 2nd vist since our vist at Halloween. We went on a Groupon and it worked out great. 2 nights and breakfast for 2 days. There was nothing great about our dining in the Frontier Room. The 1/ 2 on wine was a value,dining area is very noisy and always in motion with bufett patrons.They should set aside an are for regular diners, plus it was very cold with the
air always air blowing on us. Yes we were move but air vents were still blowing like crazy.
There are plenty of good resturants in Delavan which are resonable and cosy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a groupon from Christmas so we stayed on Sat. Night , we thought the room was great , was very clean . The only drawback was the service at the restaurants the servers really spent more time talking amongst themselves than taking care of the tables. This was at the pub and the breakfast only. I would still come again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sycamore, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

For the last 28 years, several of our local "couple" friends enjoy an annual winter getaway for two days/nights taking turns on the location (usually within a 100 mi radius). We have tried several resorts but none can compare with Lake Lawn and its amentities. In our many visits here, last week was no different with the remodeling improvements, good food, friendly/courteous staff, comfy room, etc.. The Groupon Coupon made it even sweeter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Upon arriving at the Lake Lawn resort my family and I were greeted with a very welcoming lobby and some of the best hot chocolate I've had in a long time. It was truly a great stay from beginning to end. Our king loft room was fabulous, the staff was friendly, breakfast at the Frontier restaurant was very tasty, there was a great fitness center onsite, kids zone area, game room and much more. Too much to list, so many wonderful things to do there that I could've stayed a few extra days and not been bored at all. The housekeeping staff there rocks!!! You guys are doing a great job of keeping the place looking gorgeous. To our servers at the Frontier and the Lookout Bar you were awesome as well, and the band playing that night was pretty cool too. I just had a great time there and I'd recommend the resort to anyone I know. I can't wait to check this place out in the spring and summer when you can take advantage of some the outdoor activities offered. See you soon Lake Lawn Resort!!

Room Tip: The king loft room was great for those traveling with families. Very clean and spacious and as an a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Elgin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend stay in January at the resort through a Groupon deal. Initial checkin was smooth and the staff was inviting and very helpful. The room was spotless and we could tell that it had been recently updated. Additionally, the free wifi provided by the resort was very fast and reliable. We had both dinner and breakfast at the resort and was not disappointed in either. The resort grounds looked amazing in the winter and eating breakfast as the snow fell on the lake was a real treat. Also, the close proximity to the town of Lake Geneva means that there is always something to do or places to eat if you want to venture beyond the resort. We are definitely planning on making the trip again and would recommend Lake Lawn Resort to anyone travelling to the Lake Geneva area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lake Lawn has been there for a very long time- and I had not been there since I was little. My fiance and I saw the Groupon and decided to take a weekend away from Chicago to Wisconsin. I had heard it had been re-done, and I did not know what to expect, but it was even better than I had expected. The lodge has been completely re-done and it is gorgeous. It was rather cold the weekend we went, but it is nice because the sprawling property is connected by all enclosed walkways, so you could walk around and look around without getting cold!

The night we checked in (Friday) the resort hosts wine and snacks. This was so nice! They wine was great and they had tons of Wisconsin cheese, sausages, and crackers that you could enjoy in a cozy setting by the fire. The staff was so kind and were there to give recommendations of things to do and see.

What is really nice is that Delevan has been built up quite a bit near the resort. There is a strip mall nearby with a liquor store and a Wal-Mart, so you can grab snacks, or even a redbox movie rental if you're planning on staying in.

What really impressed me was how beautifully they renovated the rooms. We were supposed to be in a regular king room, but they upgraded us to suite. It had a living room, kitchen with fridge, ice maker, sink, microwave, and stove top, and two massive bathrooms. The showers were amazing! We really felt at home and were more than pleasantly surprised by the rooms.

My only suggestion would be that if it is NOT a busy weekend, then ask to make sure your room is potentially not next to an occupied one. I know this is not the hotel's fault, but on our last night we were awoken at 3am until 4am by whoever was in the room next to um....well you get the picture....and it was VERY LOUD. At first I thought someone had accidentally been given a key to our room and was....going at it....in our living room. Then we realized it was right behind our heads. So my other suggestion would be to bring ear plugs. Like I said- not the hotel's fault, but I felt very awkward- thin walls!

The bar/look out eatery has windows all along the lake and has great lunch food! We had some wraps that were delicious and they were HUGE! I would definitely recommend it for a bite to eat. We didn't eat anywhere else on the resort, but I have eaten at the more expensive dining room a few years ago and it was great.

It was also near the winter season and they had done an extensive job with lights, snowflakes, icicles, etc. You felt like you were driving into a winter wonderland. It was definitely the perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!