“Service is very much improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Expedia.com Hotels.com
Lake Lawn Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 East Geneva Street, Off Highway 50, Delavan, WI 53115   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Delavan
Chicago
“Service is very much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

The staff seems to be reinvigorated. Our extended family spent this past Thanksgiving holiday at Lakelawn resort and we were Impressed by the friendly enthusiastic staff. The hotel grounds were beautifully decorated. The Thanksgiving dinner was very good. It was overall a great experience! Keep up the good work thanks.

• Stayed November 2012

514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had been staying for an occasional weekend for years and when they closed we were saddened. Upon hearing of the reopening we were so happy and booked a suite for a weekend. It turned out we got the same rooms we had the last several times we had visited but they were dirty. Hair in my bed , dirt on the floor, sticky table tops, no television, and the ending of double billing. I ended up dealing with tech support for an hour to fix the tv, and management was rude about the whole dirty mess. I have owned and worked in the service industry and couldn't believe the attitude that he gave when I inquired about being billed twice for my weekend. We had so many wonderful weekends there and this really did make me sad but we won't be going back, more from the dirty room than anything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake In The Hills, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the resort for our 5 year anniversary and had a great time. We had dinner and breakfast at the resort, good food and good service, what more can you ask for. The "all inclusive" is what we were looking for and we weren't disappointed. We stayed in one of their two room suites and would recommend it. A lot of room but that just made the stay that much more comfortable. Our room looked directly onto the lake, WOW, nice. The bathroom is nice, separate shower from the tub, all fixtures nice. Apparently the resort was purchased and rennovated in 2011, not sure what it looked like before but its nice. I really liked the entry off the highway, gave you the feel of driving onto a fine property. I didn't golf, but the course looked pretty nice. Overall, a great weekend and we'll be back.

Room Tip: Pick the two room suite, I travel a lot and having a separate living area with kitchenette with fire...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had been to Lake Lawn a couple years prior to this visit and it was obvious that the resort was struggling. Although it wasn't that we had any negative experience, it was just that the hotel was empty- bars, restaurants, everything. Shortly after, the resort had closed it's doors.

Upon hearing that Lake Lawn reopened, we decided to give it another try. This time, we booked the weekend romance package that included dinner, a bottle of wine, champagne, strawberries, and two nights accommodations. Dinner at the Frontier was amazing; the best meal we've had in years! With our package, we were able to order anything on the menu with no restrictions which surprised us. The dining experience couldn't have been better! We'll be returning just for dinner again.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. Overall, we were happy with our stay and will most definitely be returning again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Elkhorn, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The thing I love most about Lake Lawn Resort is the far away from home atmosphere that greets me everytime I go. Truth be told, I only live maybe 10 minutes away.... but I feel like I am hours away from the minute I get there. I love the rustic lodge decor and peaceful lake setting. The resort has 3 different restaurants, which is awesome, because you don't have to leave! The indoor pool is nice and warm and just the right depth for my children to swim in. The Staff is warm and always accommodating. We stayed in an amazing loft suite with it's own fireplace, two queen beds and a bathroom on the lower level, and twin beds in the loft area with it's own bathroom and TV. Awesome for families!!!! They have great rates most of the time, which makes it easy to come back often. And I do. It's the perfect getaway.

Room Tip: Watch for Specials! The rooms in the Normandy Building are the biggest.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'd go back in a heartbeat. The staff are friendly, the rooms are yummy, and the ambiance is Prairie-style elegant. There are shops and a large grocery near by. This is the perfect retreat. The microwave and refrigerator are a plus, too.

Room Tip: All the rooms have therapy tubs. Add a little hot water as you soak and enjoy to keep the heat level...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Munster, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We've been visiting Lake Lawn since I was a child. They have made changes and updates, keeping current with the times. Still a lovely family experience. The updated bathrooms were especially nice. Our room was comfy. Everything is connected through walkways, so getting to the dining areas is easy; no coats needed in colder weather. The grounds are beautiful. We relaxed this trip, but there are nearby activities for every season and interest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!