“Beautiful Setting for a Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

You added Lake Lawn Resort to your Saves list
Lake Lawn Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 East Geneva Street, Off Highway 50, Delavan, WI 53115   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States
“Beautiful Setting for a Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We attended an outdoor wedding, the setting by the lake was beautiful. The dinner was excellent. I was very impressed with the rooms. They did a lot of updating since the last time I was there, which was about 10 years ago. One of the nicest rooms I've stayed in, I loved the north woods theme and the attention to detail. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the rocking chairs on the porch that looked out over the golf course, nice touch! The staff was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
West Dundee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Lake Lawn Lodge has been re-done and it's beautiful! We were there for a golf weekend with three other couples and even though the weather was rainy and got a little chilly while we were there, it was gorgeous! Our room was very nice with 2 rocking chairs on the porch and the grounds were just beautiful. The bathrooms were all recently remodeled with new, pretty ceramic tile and new fixtures. The decor was a pretty "rustic" design. Lots of wood and pine cones, etc. in the lamps and art. We were right on the lake and even though it rained, we were able to spend some time in the lounge and visit with some old friends and were not rushed out. We had dinner in the Frontier Restaurant. It was ok. The golf course was nice (I don't golf but I drove the cart) and the fall colors were great. Went to Millie's (in Delevan) for breakfast and could have spent some more time in the shops. A really nice restaurant, but here is a warning -- HUGE portions! A really nice weekend with some wonderful friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family has been going up to Lake Lawn Lodge since the 60's. My husband and I just spent the weekend enjoying this resort once again; as it had been around 15+ years since our last visit. What memories this historical resort brought back. The food was spectacular, the service beyond and the whole facility was so clean and up to date. The entire staff - which work so hard - were very attentive to everyones needs. I want to Thank ALL of you for keeping our memories alive for the next generations to come. Janet & Tony Balchunas

Johnsburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I came for two nights. He came to golf on Sunday with his league while I got to relax and sleep in. The rooms have been remodeled since we were here with the kids years back. I love the new look - very inviting and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean, the beds and pillows comfortable, there was even a large chair and ottoman to sit and watch TV from (I had to share with my husband when he came back from golfing). I wish there would have been a better selection on TV. Also wish it had been warmer, we would have sat on the balcony - but maybe that wasn't meant to be because the view wasn't the best - we had the parking lot and distant view of the lake from our room. The brunch buffet on Sunday was good, although we arrived rather late about 1 pm and they had to clean a table by the window, which I think took some time and not sure why because there seemed to be plenty of staff. All in all I'm glad that Lake Lawn Lodge has reopened and is looking rejuvenated - I would love to come again for a quick couples getaway.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been staying at this property for years and through the many owners of the place. They have been putting alot of money into the resort and it shows in th erom decore and overall upkeep of the property. Some of the room originally redecorated a yera or two ago are starting to show some signs of ware and should not be neglected while other areas of the resort are being re-done. The food is always good in all of the restaurants butare getting a bit pricey. My concern is that the prices of the rooms that are getting to the point where the price charged is not worth the stay.We have stayed about half the nights as in the past due to the room prices.

Room Tip: Double Quees luxury room with a lake view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding celebration. Service was excellent, rooms were spacious and views were great. We would stay here again. The updated bathrooms were a pleasant surprise and the suite arrangement made us wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a fun family stay at Lake Lawn Resort over Labor Day. The property is huge so bring your walking shoes, you can walk the entire resort indoors if the weather is less than ideal. Although I knew they were almost completely booked for the weekend we never felt crowded. The rooms in Norwood have been remodeled and are nice yet have maintained that comfy cabin feel. In a loft suite we had a fridge, ice maker and microwave as well as the typical hair dryer, iron and ironing board. We had three bathrooms, all with showers and one with a tub. One of the beds seemed to have a plastic mattress pad on it which made for loud sleeping. As another reviewer commented, we could hear the guests in the next room pretty clearly. The pools were clean. Staff was constantly keeping the property maintained. Housekeeping does come around early but will come back in the afternoon if requested. Some in our group rented kayaks and had a lot of fun. There was a play area with bounce houses set up for the kids due to the holiday weekend.

The restaurants were understaffed for some reason which was a bit of a drag. There were three weddings on the property, one of which we attended. No reason to be understaffed with that many big events going on. Food service at the wedding was very slow. Food service the following morning for breakfast took about an hour and a half. The food was good, but not worth that long of a wait.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!