“lake lawn resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

You added Lake Lawn Resort to your Saves list
Lake Lawn Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 East Geneva Street, Off Highway 50, Delavan, WI 53115   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Winter Sale
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee
“lake lawn resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Perfect for a getaway, only 40 miles from home, but feels like miles away.

Stayed here several years ago and was curious about the re opening.

Fantastic resort, beautiful lakefront. We got there around 12:30 pm, and were able to check into our room immediately. The room was clean, spacious, large bathroom and had a fridge and micro. Each room had a patio or balcony, ours faced the lake. I found the beds to be very comfortable. The amenities were very nice. There was an indoor pool, outdoor pool, workout room, free internet, lots of conference space, gift shop, fine dining restaurant, casual bar and restaurant, small cafe, and marina.What more could a person want. The only complaint i could have was that the outdoor pool water could have been a little warmer.
Service and staff were very nice and accommodating, food in the fine dining (The Frontier) was excellent. We had the prime rib special.
The resort is connected by a corridor, which makes it perfect for in-climate weather.
Fishing on the lake was allowed from the resort shore, unfortunately they do not sell bait, but there are several places including a 24 hour Walmart, 5 minutes away.
We will definitely be back

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have visited Lake Lawn since I was a little girl. My grandparents even used to drive up from 3 hours away to visit long ago. This stay, like most, was great! We had a room with a view and an upgrade of a loft. That was a nice surprise! The food was good and the view of the lake was wonderful from the outdoor bar/grill and just about any room which faces the lake! (The only downside was that the internet did not work in the guestroom but they do have computers near the frontdesk you can use or a business center.) You won't be disappointed when you decide to go!

Room Tip: Call and ask for a room with a view of the lake. You won't always get it but they put in a reque...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Loves Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had a great time at Lake Lawn.. The last time I was there was 20 years ago. The entire resort has had a face lift and the ammenities were excellent. I can't say enough about how acommodating the staff is. The room was very nice and clean, the beds comfortable, and the view of the lake was outstanding. Overall, great experience! Next time, I will definately book a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Me and my husband spent this past sat and sun nights at the resort (1 year anniversary). I have a lifetime history here, as my mom would take me at LEAST 5x/year as a child (now i'm taking my family :-)... it was our little "getaway". So know that I have rather 'high' expectations, but would probably come back regardless. They are DOING (not yet done) a good job attempting to restore the resort, while maintaining the rustic/Lake Lawn LODGE feel it has in years past. The food at the Lookout Bar and Frontier Restaurant is honestly very good quality and very tasty. HOWEVER, (as previous posts have mentioned) the staff ALL need some SERIOUS, serious lessons in hospitality. When me and my husband (and 2 year old -AND im 8 months pregnant) were left standing to be seated while 5 waitstaff 'cleaned off' silverware and stared at us while gathered around each other talking, didn't even acknowledge us (standing around 8 months pregnant isnt easy per say, not that it should happen to anyone..) If I didn't approach them, I could have stood there until I had the baby for that matter (all joking aside- they acted as if we were inconveniencing them and their conversation.) We ordered grilled chicken sandwiches and they took 30 mins and there was hardly anyone in the bar/restaurant area (Lookout Bar). We passed many staff members in the hall and for the most part, they walk past you with their heads down (very bizarre if you ask me). On MONDAY morning 10:15am we went to the Frontier restaurant for breakfast (Monday, most people were gone home for the weekened, VERY VERY few in the restaurant).... we had to wait well over 20 minutes to be seated and they kept saying "were cleaning your table" (but if there are many tables, and few people, why wouldnt you just sit us at any number of the unoccupied tables? very strange.) There were maybe 3 couples eating when we were escorted to the dining area...so why over 20 min wait on a Monday morn? The food however was GREAT, we really enjoyed it. The waitresses we had throughout our stay were not overly friendly, they said hello and took our order but we were always 'looking' for them (water refill? check on how our food was? the bill?- there was always a wait--which would have been expected had they been BUSY). Our child is VERY well behaved so none of this had to do with unruly child behavior or anything. There is NO room service, very disappointed in that. The hotel room itself was very clean, other than the stained underneath of the comforter (yuck). The beds were not very comfortable- The temp in the room was hard to control/get comfortable. it was either too hot or too cold at all times (but it was 90 degrees outside too). Will I return yes, but NOT because of the service thats for sure. Great place, great food, horrendous service/ staff people skills. I will return because of memories Ive had in the past and want to share with my children... luckily the rooms are clean and the food is good :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tomah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by Lake Lawn Resort. Its an older complex but has obviously had many recent updates. The room was quaint and very comfortable. All of the buildings are connected with all amenities close by. The outside pool was nice and there was poolside wait service, which was nice. We ate at both restaurants and were very pleased each time.
The golf course was in good shape, had challenging greens so was fun to play. Both my husband and I agreed, we will return there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If we were traveling with another couple I'd ask to have ground floor rooms, side by side. That...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol Stream, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were just at the Lake Lawn Resort on Lake Delavan,WI this past weekend June 8th - June 10th 2012. The new owners have done a very good job with the upgrades and with what appears to be the current upgrades in progress. The golf course redesigned club house was done nicely. For repeat visitors the Frontier Restaurant is the same, but the redesigned Look Out bar and restaurant with the new patio area by the outside pool is very nice and relaxing. As always the view of the lake is very good and it is still as expected a very friendly family oriented resort with good activites for kids of all ages. All of the staff that we talked to were very friendly and helpful with any questions. I would definitely recommend as a resort to stay at and we plan on returning for a couple of weekdays in July.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Elmhurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We (2 adults and 2 small children) stayed during the Memorial Day Holiday weekend and had a great time. Here are some specifics:

Location: I had never been to Lake Delavan and the resort is situated on a long strip of shoreline. The buildings make a large circle with a few spokes (sort of) and there is an "inner courtyard." It is a long walk to go from one end to the other. It was very relaxing to walk along the lake or just sit on the lawn next to the lake. The lake had boating, tubing, jet skiing, and kayaking. We saw ducks, geese, and lots of birds around the resort. There is also a Walmart 1/2 mile away for all the things you forgot to bring.

Room: we had a double queen room and it was very clean and the bathroom updated and spacious. The bedding is not the "heavenly bed" like some other hotels but it was comfortable enough. The room had a microwave, good-sized mini-fridge, and coffee maker in it "standard," so we had lots of snacks, fruit, juice, etc. in the room instead of always going to the restaurants.

Amenities: we didn't use a lot of the amenities, like tennis and BB court. We didn't go boating on the lake although we'll try next time. The golf course looked nice and there were lots of people on it.

Activities: they had special kids' activities for the holiday weekend (don't know if they do that every summer weekend) including a bouncy house, inflatable slide, and animal balloon maker. My kids went on the moonwalk and slide every day we were there. There is also an arcade and kiddie pool (more on that later). They had bonfires every night which was fun, and a band and BBQ on Sunday.

Restaurants: we ate at both the Look Out Grill and Frontier Restaurant: they were both good (what I would expect) and they both had good kids' menus. I thought the breakfast buffet at Frontier was a great value. The Cafe had its grand opening and had coffee drinks, gelato, and some hot food, like gourmet pizza.

Pool: the pool area was a bit dated but nice enough, but the water was VERY cold. Apparently they don't heat the water. People were joking that they should throw some ice in the pool to warm it up. The kiddie pool is a bit small too. So while there were lots of people around the pool, there weren't many people IN the pool (and Sunday was a hot day). Also, for the kids' enjoyment, I would have liked to see a sandbox/ sandy area by the lake. I thought the property had a small beach area, but I was wrong. But at least a sandbox would occupy kids for hours. Last, they ran out of pool towels because there were so many people and had to keep replenishing a few at a time. I would recommend bringing your own anyway (they are kind of small).

Service: I thought the service was good, despite some other reviewers' comments. Check-in and check-out was easy. The Frontier restaurant was a bit slow on service. I had to contact housekeeping a couple of times (once because my child wet the bed), and I couldn't contact them directly so I called the front desk and they paged them and were at my room within 10 minutes.

In conclusion, we'll probably go back for another long weekend to enjoy the views and lake. I think we will choose a more "beachy" location for a longer vacation, but I think this place is great for a golf outing or weekend respite close to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!