“Reasonable price, nice facility” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Pride Inn

Save Saved
You added Country Pride Inn to your Saves list
Country Pride Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2412 Milwaukee Street, PO Box 180140, Delafield, WI 53018   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Delafield
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Reasonable price, nice facility”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Booked an overnight stay online to support a two day training session nearby. Check in was quick with a friendly host. The queen bad room was clean with a microwave, mini fridge, safe and coffee maker. A nice bed, a modern flat screen TV. HBO was included but wasn't available when I looked for it. The pool area was great. Warm pool, 104 degree hot tub and a sauna. Very welcoming. This hotel was the most reasonable pricewise in the area. I would go back given the opportunity. The area has anything you'd want for eating and shopping if that's your thing.
No breakfast is offered, but there is coffee available in the lobby. WiFi was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canton Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you're a smoker, you might like this place. The odor in our non-smoking room was tolerable but the hallway reeked of cigarettes. There are 2 entrances to the motel and more often than not there are people right outside these doors smoking and then tossing the butts out in the parking lot. There's like a ton of them.
The room was OK but we didn't dare walk around barefoot. There was thick dust around the perimeter and the rest of it was dirty. There was a lounge chair which had stains on it. The nightstand had beer bottle stains on it. The packet of shampoo in the shower was used. There was only one lamp in the room. Maid didn't leave us coffee. The plastic top on the coffee carafe had a big hole melted right through it. There were no towel racks.
The good parts: softest water I ever experienced in a hotel or motel. You can walk across the parking lot to Perkins in the morning to get breakfast. It's in an out-of-the-way location so noise really wasn't a problem the 2 nights we stayed. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and safe in it.
This building has good bones but it needs a complete facelift. I'm talking gut it and then see if the smokers would be so kind as to find another place to smoke other than right outside the door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Minocqua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Took forever to get a room that everything worked. Toilet broke and had to change rooms. Pool dirty,rooms worn, dead cock roaches on floor at rear entrance floors. Place is a nightmare. Staff unhelpful and seems not to care. Ownership is confused and slow. Does not respond to complaints.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I recently made a last-minute trek into Milwaukee. As this was a quick event and I wasn't necessarily invested in luxury, I shopped around for something affordable. The Country Pride motel was a pleasant surprise, and exceeded all my expectations.

- The price was competitive, especially with a AAA discount
- Bed was exceedingly comfortable
- Room was well equipped with a hair dryer, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker
- Air conditioning was quiet and easily adjusted
- Location made for quick access to the highway, and away from more expensive urban hotels but with convenient proximity to the big-name fast food, coffee and big-box retailers
- Desk staff were friendly and helpful
- Parking was well-lit and plentiful, with easy access to entrances
- Pool was scrupulously clean.
- Despite the fact that Harley Davidson was celebrating its 100th anniversary and the motel was full of the late-night biker crowd, the room was exceedingly soundproof and provided a restful sleep.

NOTE: The motel has two floors, accessible by stairs only. There is NO elevator.

I will make this my affordable home-away-from-home whenever I hop on down to Milwaukee!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is clean and a good value. Bed comfortable, fridge and microwave. Indoor pool and hot tub (which was really lukewarm at best) but overall it was adequate. My feeling is that you can always tell a lot about an establishment, but the attitude of the manager. That's where service, and cleanliness begin. My husband and I stayed here on the night of our son's wedding. I had called the hotel directly to arrange for an early check in because I needed to get ready for the wedding at the hotel. The first person I talked to said, "Oh yeah, sure, no problem" but never took my name or date of check in. The second time I called, I asked to speak to the manager. He came on the phone, said hello and proceeded to finish his conversation with someone at the desk while I started to talk! I thought it was very rude and would have been happy to wait, had I heard a "Could you please hold?"

Anyway, I asked him if I could arrange for an early check in and although he was not rude, he made it clear that I was bothering him. He said, "I guess so...it should be OK". Finally, I asked him if he wanted my name or check in date...supposedly he wrote it down. Well, guess what?? We go to check in an hour early and the lobby clerk knows nothing about an early check in. Now, I know it wasn't her fault and she did everything she could to make sure our room was being cleaned pronto...but as the mother of the groom, you can imagine my anxiety!

So, in closing...this hotel is average to below average. Cheapest one in the area for a reason.
Oh, and one more thing...very short on towels. We had to wait for them to come out of the dryer and no towels in the pool area at all...you have to bring your towels from your room and then (try) to exchange them for dry ones to shower.

Room Tip: No elevator. Ask for first floor if stairs are an issue.
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

we rolled up the the hotel at 10pm...we were tired and hot..we walked into the front lobby and was greeted by the sweetest smiling guy(neil)... he was awsome!he quickly got us a room and we were cooling off in the wonderful pool before we knew it...Neil got us extra pillows and fluffy towels for the pool....when we are in the area,we will never stay anywhere eles!...thank you Country Pride for making our vacation even better...

Room Tip: we like all the rooms but the large suit is way awsum!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atwater
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We recently spent a weekend at this hotel and really enjoyed ourselves. The room has a small fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable and plenty of hot water. The pool was a great place to go. For the money this place is better than most. When we were there they had a large group of kids playing in some tournament. Nice to see activity. True, no free breakfast, but the coffee is great and you can go down the street to the grocery store and buy from the bakery all the rolls and so on for 3 or 4 dollars. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Pride Inn? Share your experiences!