“A little tired” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
Hudson, Wisconsin
“A little tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here for a night on business. The location is great with Applebee's in the parking lot and lots of retail nearby.

What I didn't like was the musty smell of the room. I turned on the air thinking maybe they just hadn't rented it for a while but it didn't help. The property is a bit dated so I think they could use some updates to be competitive.

Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delafield, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear LfeisGood,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel was well kept and clean. The staff was friendly and accomodating. They arranged for us to check in an hour early so we could get ready to attend a wedding. However, I felt the price for the room was high compared to other Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have relatives who love to come visit from out of state, but cannot go up the stairs in my house to the guest rooms. One is wheelchair bound, so it is so much work just for them to come visit, so I want them to stay somewhere enjoyable and central to anything they might need. This Holiday Inn is relatively new and kept in very clean. The staff is always helpful and friendly! I have been so thrilled with their reaction each time they visit as they have truly enjoyed being so close to Marshall's, Kohl's, Panera, Noodles, Best Buy, Walmart, Target and Walgreens! Really anything they might possibly need is within a mile of this hotel! Free breakfast as well! It all good here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at this location for about 4 months with my job and let me tell you, the staff was beyond friendly and amazing, the rate was great and breakfast was splendiferous. The General Manager Rebecca was super sweet and so was the assistant manager Leanne. The room service was nice as when Olga cleaned them they were always properly dusted and smelled nice. Bridget the lady who was always downstairs serving breakfast was very helpful and nice. She always had a gigantic smile on her face and greeted everyone who came down by name. It was pretty amazing. Great place to stay in. There was a young man at the front desk at times named Joseph, he was really helpful and sweet to everyone. Since my business trip, I have returned for pleasure and I will contiue to do so. They're doing a great job with everything!!

Room Tip: Suites are always bigger and better :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Earth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stay Time: 1 night; first week June;
Cleanliness & Odors: No cleanliness issues; No freshner scent; Musty acrid odor, possibly like chlorine, that gave me no allergy problems;
Service & Staff: Desk clerk very helpful, because he was polite and had my exact room request;
Sleep Quality & Beddings: Clean; Beds were comfortable for me;
Area Location: Right next to freeway interchange;
Rooms- Location and Noise: Top Floor and non-Highway side; Only noise was from A/C fan, but runs constantly so you can get used to it;
Breakfast Quality/Quantity: Included, clean and adequate, but “no-great-shakes” regarding quality and variety; Coffee was good;

Room Tip: See comments in my review;
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delafield, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear shebSAM,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our friendly staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge their good stay.

I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding the odor in the room. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 5/20 -23/2014. I was graduating from the local seminary and I had some family that were coming so they stayed in the same hotel. The lady who runs the breakfast is very conscientious about everyone having just the breakfast they would like to have. Very friendly. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Just a great stay! I highly recommend this hotel, and I will look for the brand when I travel to another place!

Room Tip: The King Executive was the same price as a standard room but included a mini-fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Senoia, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I headed to the Milwaukee area to catch up with family and friends and chose the Holiday Inn Express Delafield because of its proximity to the interstate and the fact that it's walkable to restaurants and shopping. I checked in Friday around 6:30 - the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. My room was a typical double with two queens - the beds were comfortable, the room was super clean, the Bath and Body Works products were appreciated and smelled great. Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Delafield? Share your experiences!