“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

By far one of the most friendly staff I have encountered. The nice lady who served breakfast was so personable. Made you feel like you were home. Clean and quiet and met all my expectations. Will be staying here again in the future.

Had a great time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Holland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was in town for just one night and thoroughly enjoyed this Holiday Inn Express. They put me in a room on the top floor, which was clean and quiet. Wifi worked great. I enjoyed a swim in the pool and a soak in the spa. Breakfast was excellent with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and bacon. Good location with ample restaurants and Starbucks next-door.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The rooms were nice at least the first one I got. It had a frig and micro in it which is nice to have. The people working the desk during the evening were not that helpful. Had problem with no channels numbers showing up on the TV. Called the desk the guy I spoke with answers were so dumb I could no stop laughing when I got off the phone. In the morning when I left I said good morning and the same guy just should there saying nothing. No response from the guy at all. Now the lady working the breakfast area was great. Asked if all was good and even made sure we were happy with the breakfast. She was a perfect Holiday Inn person. She should be working the desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade if you are Gold or above. They will not give it to you unless you ask for it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delafield, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear dotman60,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you were pleased with the breakfast attendant.
We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly
appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with the front desk agent.

Katie J
Case Manager
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis. It is very new and clean. I am a Platinum Member with Priority Club and have been upgraded every time I stay here. Great business hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We had left Lake Michigan heading west late at night and were simply looking for a layover when we spotted this place off the interstate. The first room we were checked into smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. We told the desk and were immediately shifted into another room. The room was clean and mostly quiet except for the slightly loud heating unit. Our children 10, 9, 6 enjoyed the pool--traditional rectangle, clean and not overly chlorinated. The hot-tub was nice, and my wife and I spent about 15 minutes each in the small but functional exercise room.

The beds were good; all of us slept well. The breakfast was without exaggeration the best complementary breakfast I've had at a chain: fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, nicely cooked eggs and sausage, etc., all served on a buffet kept neat and tidy by a very friendly staff. All in all, I've never gotten better value: good room, pool for kids, great breakfast, great price.

One note: Some other guests at breakfast did complain of some loud neighbors--apparently there was a curling tournament in town and some of the curlers had decided to stay up late.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and rented two rooms mid September, 2011. One of the rooms fire alarm went off when the heat was turned on about 11:30 p.m. and smelled very smokey (heat smoke not cigarette smoke). They did transfer us to another room which also had a residual smoke smell but at least we could turn on the heat without the alarm setting off. We did report to the desk again the smell but they did not have other rooms available. The next morning (Sunday)we requested to talk to manager but there was not one available they said until the afternoon which seemed strange since busy time is checkout. We did ask for a manager to call us but we never had a call back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Delafield hotels

NW Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

- The room was clean and in good repair, with the exception of a slow-running drain in the bathtub (I did let them know about it when I checked out).
- I had a room on the opposite side of the building from the freeway, so it was nice and quiet. - The TV was a nice flat screen on a swivel so it can be easily seen from the desk, the chair or the beds.
- Internet access is free, but requires a password that they hand out at check-in; however, the network is unsecured.
- The ice machines were not working, but they did have ice available in the freezer in the lobby.
-The breakfast was better than a lot of hotel breakfasts that I have seen.
-It would have been more convenient for me for checkout time to have been at noon rather than 11 AM, but I understand that housekeeping needs to have time to do their job.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Delafield? Share your experiences!