“Dinner and Music make a great date” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Dinner and Music make a great date”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

A nice place to have dinner and listen to some music in quaint downtown DePere , WI

Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
“Some good, some bad, some good taste, some good preparation, but some food needed a life preserver.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Love the live music aspect of this place, evidentally every weekend they feature live music. The night we visited was a piano player. Nice touch. Appetizer was a blackened Ahi Tuna filet, which was cooked properly, but there was so much seasoning on it, way over coated, the seasoning was still powdery in areas. Also, the seasoning taste was a little unexpected as it tasted very much like steak seasoning or rub versus a typical blackening seasoning. The aioli that it was served with had a good taste. I had a side salad with a cracked peppercorn dressing, the dressing was delicious. My husband had the soup of the day, which was a seafood bisque (I believe), which I was completely jealous of not ordering as it was very, very tasy. I had the Portabella Risotto, which again, was cooked properly and the flavor was good, but had way too much butter and asiago cheese, which was disappointing. My husband had the Shrimp and Sea Scallop Scampi , which was ok in terms of tatse, presentation & preparation. but again, absolutely doused in the wine sauce and butter. I would maybe give this restaurant another chance as I think the food had potential, but am left a little disappointed with the over coating, over saucing aspects.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kraft4a3
“For an enjoyable night out A's is a great place to go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

The food and drinks are very good. The atmosphere and service is excellent. The prices are very reasonable for what you receive.

Not quite sure what one reviewer is talking about the ownership not being friendly. The owner has always been very friendly to me and my wife. She even granted a couple special requests on our anniversary.

I frequent many different locations where I am served by the owner quite often. I have not expected nor received free drinks. The difference might be these places, such as A's, the owners are usually working a normal shift just like any other service person and they are not there just to hang out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“5-star food & service for 3-star prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I highly recommend this restaurant. The ambiance was elegant, warm and comfortable. There are two sections of the restaruant, one is located with the live music stage and includes the beautiful bar. The other area is a bit more formal and private, separate from the stage, but well within listening range. Our party of 8 had 2-servers and the service was second to none. My bill included Ahi Tuna, Soup or Salad, homemade sorbet to cleanse palet between salad and entree' and an alcolholic drink - all for less than $30.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DePere
“Cool place and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

We stumbled upon A's and were so impressed! The service and food were awesome, and then the music was most enjoyable. We will go back again....soon I hope!